AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration through scientific research. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Position is a hands-on, laboratory-based role.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and characterize purification processes for the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals (viral vectors, antibodies and other proteins) in early stage clinical development.
- Be responsible for a portion of a purification process development project.
- Make observations, analyze data and interpret results.
- Maintain accurate records of experimental results, review, analyze, and interpret experimental data.
- Make periodic presentations in group meetings, project team meetings, and in one-on-one situations.
- Prepare/review development reports and technology transfer documents.
- Support technology transfer to Clinical Manufacturing facilities.
- Support troubleshooting and resolution of deviations in GMP manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate new technologies for purification process development.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Virology or related field.R&D Associate II:
requires a Bachelor's Degree with 2+ years of relevant industrial experience or a Master's Degree with some experience preferred. This role requires at least 1 year of relevant experience in protein and or viral vector purificationAssociate Scientist I:
requires a Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of relevant industrial experience or a Master's Degree with 2+ years of relevant industrial experience. This role requires at least 1 year of relevant experience in protein and or viral vector purificationEssential Skills
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in protein and or viral vector purification
- Proficiency in protein and viral vector purification principles and methods including different modes of chromatography, centrifugation, normal and tangential flow filtration, virus removal and inactivation steps.
- Knowledge of basic protein and analytical chemistry.
- Basic analytical techniques for protein and viral vector products (HPLC analysis, protein quantification methods, electrophoresis; Western blotting, etc.).
- Hands on experience AKTA chromatography systems/software (preferred).
- Working knowledge of good laboratory practices.
- Highly team-oriented, energetic, critical thinker, organized, capable of significant multitasking with excellent oral and written communication skills.
This job has expired.
- Experience with developing purification processes for viral therapeutics including oncolytic viruses and AAV.
- Working knowledge of statistical design of experiments (DOE).
- Experience with process scale-up and technology transfer.
- Background and training in virology (desirable).