Do you have a passion for Science? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
About AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD:
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help boost productivity and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams.
Summary of the Group:
Antibody Discovery & Protein Engineering (ADPE) is responsible for the discovery and optimization of next generation biologics to create biological drug candidates for all key therapeutic areas such as oncology, respiratory and inflammation, cardiovascular, renal and metabolic diseases. We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a pass for the development of in-house biologics discovery platforms and novel drug modalities to address unmet medical needs.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
In this role as a highly motivated and talented leader, you will lead and manage a multidisciplinary team to progress existing Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) programs and advance ADC technology.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Collaborate with leaders across all therapeutic areas to deliver pipeline projects and develop the next generation of ADC technologies for improved therapeutic index
- Develop ADC strategies with therapeutic areas to ensure effective achievement of research goals
- Progress ADC projects from early discovery to development stage
- Establish high level strategies for new technology development and apply new technologies in pipeline projects
- Set expectations and negotiate proper milestones to track progress
- Performance manage a team of scientists, setting goals and objectives and leading all aspects of their professional development
- Ph.D in Oncology, Chemical Biology, Molecular Biology or other relevant scientific field with 10+ years of extensive ADC experience in the Biotech or Biopharmaceutical industry with 8 years previous management experience
- In-depth knowledge in Oncology and ADC drug development
- Extensive hands-on experience in linker-payload design, antibody/protein conjugation and ADCs
- Proven record of driving ADC programs from early discovery into development stage
- Recognized leader in scientific specialty as evidenced by strong publications in leading peer reviewed journals
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills including negotiating and influencing capabilities
- Solid understanding of protein structure-function relationships and antibody structural modeling
- In vivo experience using animal models for efficacy and PK study
- Experience in scaffolds and bispecific antibodies
- Strong leader with the ability to make sound and timely decisions
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it's yours.Where can I find out more
Check out our landing page for more information on our BPD group https://careers.astrazeneca.com/bpd
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
This job has expired.