We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated professional to be part of a team to develop genetic products for animals. The successful candidate will support development of genetic products for dairy cattle and will be responsible for translating research procedures and pipelines to commercial products and working with commercial teams to deploy them. The successful candidate will work in a diverse and dynamic team environment with other Zoetis scientists, including quantitative geneticists, bioinformaticians, data and IT scientists as well as molecular geneticists supporting the discovery and development of products across the portfolio.
The major duties will include but are not limited to:
Qualifications and requirements:
- Provide expertise in managing large data sets from a wide variety of sources. Provide support for annotation and filtering of research data.
- Provide leadership for development of data management platforms, including building and curating databases.
- Support development of pipelines for routine analysis using appropriate programming and data management tools.
- Provide support for testing and transferring of R&D and experimental pipelines and procedures to commercial application and executive teams.
- Demonstrate willingness to incorporate new knowledge and strategies into projects to create robust and value-based products.
- PhD degree in genetics, animal science, dairy science, plant science, computer science, computational biology, statistics, or other related fields OR MS degree in one of above fields with minimum 3 years of experience.
- Very strong programming and data management skills and proficiency in Python, C++, Fortran, Perl, Java, Julia, or similar programming languages, as well as familiarity with Unix/Linux system.
- Experience with editing and reviewing large data sources that must be filtered and cleaned.
- Training or experience with building and managing databases and familiarity with database languages such as SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with cloud computing, working in "HPC" environment, and developing pipelines that take advantage of parallel programming.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis software such as SAS, R, JMP etc.
- Familiarity with methods for estimating variance components and genetic merit of animals or plants (desirable, but not required).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across diverse teams and functions.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and willingness to learn new skills and incorporate new ideas.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as a team member.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.