In today's rapidly evolving technology landscape, an organization's data has never been a more important aspect in achieving mission and business goals. Our data exploitation experts work with our clients to support their mission and business goals by creating and executing a comprehensive data strategy using the best technology and techniques, given the challenge.
At Steampunk, our goal is to build and execute a data strategy for our clients to coordinate data collection and generation, to align the organization and its data assets in support of the mission, and ultimately to realize mission goals with the strongest effectiveness possible.
For our clients, data is a strategic asset. They are looking to become a facts-based, data-driven, customer-focused organization. To help realize this goal, they are leveraging visual analytics platforms to analyze, visualize, and share information. At Steampunk you will design and develop solutions to high-impact, complex data problems, working with the best and data practitioners around. Our data exploitation approach is tightly integrated with Human-Centered Design and DevSecOps.
We are looking for seasoned Data Architect to work with our team and our clients to architect and develop data models, data warehouses, lakes, and lakehouses, data governance, services, and pipelines. We are looking for a more than just a \"Data Architect\", but a technologist with excellent communication and customer service skills and a passion for data and problem solving.
- Lead and architect migration of data environments with performance and reliability
- Assess, understand, and document data sources
- Address technical inquiries concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general feature / functionality of data products
- Experience in crafting database / data warehouse solutions in cloud (Preferably AWS. Alternatively Azure, GCP).
- Key must have skill sets - data modeling, cloud
- Support an Agile software development lifecycle
- You will contribute to the growth of our Data Exploitation Practice!
- US Citizen Only
- Ability to hold a position of public trust with the US government.
- Master's Degree, preferably in Information Technology or related field.
- 12+ years of experience with data model and date warehouse design, including schema design and entity relationship diagrams
- 12+ years of experience collaborating with management, personas, and engineers to support data quality efforts
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with large-scale data migration
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience designing storage and retrieval solutions for both structured and unstructured data, in support of data science pipelines
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience designing data platforms for user consumption
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience supporting the development of related data artifacts
- Data Dictionary
- Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Data Flow Diagram
- Data Quality Plan
- Data Management Plan
- Data Asset Catalog
- Demonstrated experience working with SQL and relational databases, query development and optimization (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases, such as Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and others.
- Demonstrated experience programming in Python, R, Scala, or similar language
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc
- Familiarity with cloud technology, using AWS or Azure. Knowledge of managed service offerings (e.g. AWS EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift) and demonstrated experience delivering in a cloud environment.
- Experience working in a DevSecOps environment, utilizing CI/CD best practices
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing specifications for modern large-scale data repositories including development of specifications for cloud-based database solutions
- Familiarity with FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption to both stored data and data in motion
- Demonstrated and understanding customer requirements and prioritize for maximum customer / user experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with software and data science teams to operationalize information
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with staff, IT customers, and other technical and non-technical staff and contractors at all levels
- Demonstrated experience working in an agile environment and leading agile projects
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or a scientific or technical discipline
- Cloud certification (e.g., Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer, SysOps Administrator, Cloud Practitioner) is preferred
Steampunk is a Change Agent
in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology
, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company
, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers - and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.
This job has expired.