Facebook is seeking an individual skilled across multiple disciplines to join the Data Center Operations Team. The person should enjoy working in a complex and highly technical environment where innovation, planning and communication is key to their success. As a Site Project Manager required strengths include both Project Management as well as in-depth technical ability and knowledge of Data Center infrastructure, capacity planning and automation of large-scale server environments. Ability to manage multiple complex projects of highly technical nature, involving work and communication across teams and geographical locations. Knowledge of all the key deliverables from teams in a Data Center environment and leveraging this to identify opportunities for efficiency gains and innovation is a key factor to success in this role.
- Lead Data Center specific projects that may span several functions or sites, coordinating and supporting work across these and ensuring on-time delivery of the project.
- Establish initial overall plan of new Data Center projects, including defining the time schedule, scope, risk analysis and resource estimates.
- Ensure alignment with centrally based Operation Program Managers and Technical Program Managers as well as Data Center-based PM roles on other teams to enable delivery of complex projects.
- Communicate project progress to stakeholders, and define initial communication paths. Lead and define all local collaboration channels such as meetings, groups and reports.
- Act as local escalation point for issues affecting the delivery of projects, and facilitate the resolution of issues where support outside of the project team is required.
- Acts as a conduit for feedback on existing and new processes deployed at the Data Centers.
- Work as a coordination point for regional capacity related projects and coordinate with local resources.
- Enable and support coordinated efforts that impact global timelines for retrofits, decommissions, and new construction within the Site or wider region.
- Manage day-to-day work within project directly where required, and support/coordinator for areas managed by other PM functions.
- Act as mentor both at the site and for peers globally, and represent and temporarily support work in the team if manager is absent.
- Ability to travel up to 30% required.
- B.Eng./B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of technical project management experience, in a large-scale data center environment.
- Experience working in a 24/7 critical operations.
- Technical experience with knowledge in all of the following areas, with particular on at least two: Server hardware, Operating systems and provisioning, Physical and logical capacity planning, Data Center cooling and power, Asset management, Fiber and network technology, Data Center Construction.
- Experience leading projects in a Data Center environment including areas such as Construction to Operations, Capacity planning, turn-ups and decommissioning, Retrofits in live environments and process and tooling innovation.
- Project management experience in building scalable initiatives, defining roadmaps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective projects.
- Organizational and time management experience.
- Experience prioritizing and working on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in communication, building relationships, consensus and removing roadblocks.
- Experience communicating stakeholders across different teams and locations.
- Experience getting the project moving until all has been identified and clarified.
- Experience consuming information and separate the signal from the noise.
- Communication experience.
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects, juggling different priorities and projects.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.