Job Title: Data Engineering Intern Undergraduate Level - Summer 2023
Be part of our extraordinary team!
The Elevance Health Intern Program allows students to gain real-world work experience in their academic field. During the summer months, interns will engage in challenging projects evolving around the rapidly changing healthcare tech industry. Interns are paired with industry professionals and mentors and will be given opportunities to stretch their skills and enrich their knowledge base to achieve a greater understanding within technology.
A Data Engineer Intern will be responsible for engaging in challenging projects evolving around the rapidly changing healthcare tech industry. Interns will be paired with industry professionals and mentors and will be given opportunities to stretch their skills and enrich their knowledge base to achieve a greater understanding within Technology.
Data Engineering Interns will be assigned to a specific group within Global Chief Information Office based on skill set and need of the business. Interns will participate in activities to enhance connection to the company as a whole and encourage personal growth. Some of these activities include:
How you will make an impact:
- Formal onboarding event for all students to ensure integration to the organization and program
- A one-on-one mentorship with a leader for the duration of the program
- Cadenced Learning series to build student's acumen and focus on learning the business
- Opportunities to grow and develop through social and networking event
- Creating data warehouse components using best practices methodologies
- Performing data conversion and create data pipelines to load data from transactional systems\applications to data lake and edw using tools ETL\ELT tools including but not limited to DataStage\Informatica\Kafka streaming services
- Identifying and analyzing data discrepancies and data quality issues and work to ensure data consistency and integrity is maintained
- Developing and deploying DWH job workflows with reliable error\exception handling and rollback scenarios
- Have an interest in learning how to troubleshoot data related issues and come up with possible solutions ecommendations
- Pursuing an undergraduate level degree at an accredited college or university in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Compute Engineering, Software Engineering, Data Science, or similar
- Graduation date between August 2023 to May 2024
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health. Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities - and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Elevance Health approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
This job has expired.