At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Data Quality Engineer based in Daytona Beach, FL.
The Senior Data Quality Engineer provides continuous, automated and manual, testing of data held in the NASCAR Data Garage (NDG), data sets produced from the NDG to internal stakeholders, and data pipelines into NDG. The data quality engineer works as part of the data strategy team and upholds strategies set by executive leadership.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide continuous, automated and manual, testing of data held in the NDG, data sets produced from the NDG to internal stakeholders and data pipelines into NDG; such data sets can be in several formats, including JSON, SQL, Tableau Extracts, Hyper, Excel ect.
- Prioritize data quality for all data held in the NDG, all data incoming and outgoing from the NDG and all data held in internal systems (ie. ticketing, CRM, email marketing, merchandise etc.)
- Write testing plans and routines, manage continuous integration and regression testing processes, and be the point person for approving data, reports and data integrations for production environments
- Ensure publicly available data meets data, security and accessibility specifications in a high-volume, rapid delivery environment
- Work with product managers and development leads to create testing strategies
- Work with data engineers to develop automated system health and data quality analysis
- Design, monitor and maintain QA reports, KPIs & quality trends for the internal data systems
- Create test plans and test cases
- Execute test cases, and perform bug tracking
- Help create and implement quality processes and requirements
- Travel: 5%
Required skills / experience:
- Fifth year college or university program certificate and five (5) years' experience and/or training in data analysis and/or engineering; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient on company provided hardware and software
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and writing SQL queries.
- Experience with Tableau, Snowflake and Matillion preferred.
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
- Able to work in a self-directed environment, own tasks and drive them to completion
- Comfortable being a part of a transparent team where team growth is priority
- Knowledgeable about industry data compliance strategies and practices, such as continuous integration, regression testing and versioning
- Experience working in a Big Data environment, dealing with large diverse data sets
- Ability to read/write SQL and interpret to achieve project requirements
- Ability to read/write Python programming and interpret to achieve project requirements
- Experience with Tableau and other data visualization tools is a plus
- Experience in training data models is a plus
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.