Join the Sargent Legacy in Securing our Future
Founded in 1919, RBC Bearings (Nasdaq: ROLL) has a long, successful history of quality craftsmanship and innovation in highly technical bearing products that require sophisticated design solutions and manufacturing capabilities for Industrial, Aerospace and Defense applications around the world. In 2015, RBC acquired Sargent Aerospace and Defense.
Founded in 1920, Sargent Aerospace & Defense leverages 100 years of expertise as a premier global supplier of precision engineered customized components that directly contributes to the safe operation of countless commercial and military aircraft, rotorcraft, submarines and land based vehicles.
At Sargent, our mission is to secure our future by making the challenging a reality. We achieve this by delivering high quality products and services that meet customer requirements and exceed customer expectations through employee development, customer focus and continual improvement.
Sargent’s continuing investment in people, assets, technology, and process quality ensures excellence and is integral to the company’s commitment to customers and their end-users. As we grow, we will continue to root our culture through our core values of Integrity, Respects & Values People, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Results Focus and Continual Improvement.
Company Benefits Include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Bonus platforms
- Holidays/Vacation/Sick Time
- 401k Savings & Investment Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Accident/Hospital/Critical Care Plans
- Pet Insurance
Dedication to our core values. Our must haves…
- Gym & Rideshare Incentives
- Legal Insurance/Identity Theft
- Flexible Schedules
- 3 & 4-day work week
- ½ day Fridays
Join the Sargent Legacy in Securing our Future
Integrity- We do the right thing the right way. Our ideal candidate is ethical, honest in all interactions, delivers good news and bad, and follows through on commitments. Key Skills & Abilities: is fair, credible, confidential, fiscally responsible and accountable for decisions and actions.
Respects and Values People- We encourage and bring out the potential of others. Our ideal candidate embraces diversity, recognizes and supports the accomplishments, talents and development of others. Key Skills & Abilities: is committed to the building of strong relationships and creates an environment of trust and mutual respect.
Customer Focus - We act with excellence in each and every interaction. Our ideal candidate builds strong internal/external customer relationships, and goes above and beyond to deliver high quality products and services on time, every time. Key Skills & Abilities: is responsive with strong customer service skills, product and job knowledge to provide excellent customer satisfaction.
Teamwork - We are better together. Our ideal candidate is inclusive, engaged and collaborative, sharing information, ideas and experiences to accomplish goals, improve decision making and leverage capabilities. Key Skills & Abilities: is a dependable team player, demonstrated through attendance and punctuality, works well with others and has strong communication skills (both oral & written) to keep all stakeholders informed.
Results Focus - We focus on the outcome, not the obstacle. Our ideal candidate must have a strong work ethic with a results/performance driven track record in a fast paced, changing and challenging environment. Key Skills & Abilities: is adaptable, works with a sense of urgency and high level of initiative and demonstrates a commitment to quality with attention to detail.
Continual Improvement - We encourage and drive innovation. Our ideal candidate must be naturally curious, passionate and never satisfied with the status quo. Key Skills & Abilities: is innovative and has a problem solving mindset that provides and implements CI ideas.
With continual growth comes opportunity and Sargent has an immediate opening for a Design Drafter I
The Design Drafter I will report to the Engineering Technical Services Manager and is responsible for completing modeling and drawing tasks for creating engineering documentation in support of design, manufacturing and testing of mechanical and fluid power products within the Engineering department. This role will collaborate with the Project Engineers to complete assigned tasks. Conducts reviews of release package documentation prior to release into Sargent systems.Responsibilities
- Generate 3D part and assembly models from legacy drawings or Engineer/Manager direction
- Prepare part and assembly drawings following Sargent CAD Directives
- Apply Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) to define design requirements for manufacturing and inspection as directed by the Engineer
- Implement requested changes to CAD models/drawings and legacy 2D drawings using editing software
- Adhere to Sargent CAD Directives when creating part or assembly models and drawings
- Perform review of revision package for accuracy, completeness, clarity and formatting
- Check 3D part and assembly models for compliance to drawings and Sargent CAD Directives
- Complete all required Windchill tasks associated with creating, changing, and/or releasing documents
- Create cross sections and fill out stack up calculation spreadsheet for overall dimensional verification
- Read and interpret Engineering drawings to generate 3D models
- Manage assigned workload based on due dates
- Create/Update Desktop Procedures for tasks within the department
- Must be able to work as part of a team to complete assigned tasks
- Education: Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in CAD OR
- Associate degree in related field plus 2 years of experience OR
- High School diploma or GED plus 4 years of related experience
- Demonstrated CAD modeling ability
- Basic understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite software
- Mechanical aptitude displayed through personal hobbies/projects
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience with Creo and Windchill software
- Familiarity with machining, metal forming, and manufacturing practices
- Familiarity with detail part inspection practices
- Application of dimensions and GD&T for precision components
- Stackup calculation experience
- Familiarity with Hydraulic components and assemblies