The Facebook Design community is pioneering technologies to bring people closer together, and our teams share in the responsibility of doing it at global scale. We are committed to designing and building Facebook apps and technologies-the Facebook app, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus, Workplace, Portal and Novi-to serve a diverse global community. Design Program Managers at Facebook are passionate connectors and problem solvers. By supporting the various aspects of the product teams, you will enable teams to focus their time on designing, building and shipping products. You will improve team communication, collaboration, and remove roadblocks. Finally, you'll utilize a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills to help keep our teams on track, execute specific design initiatives intended to grow team culture, industry expertise, and team impact, and you'll have an opportunity to work with cross-functional teams as you establish great ways of working together. This posting represents different full-time Design Program Management roles across the Facebook company.
- Identify and drive product initiatives forward that have multiple stakeholders, competing deadlines, and many moving parts
- Define and manage strategic initiatives that improve product team efficiency and impact
- Facilitate meetings to drive progress against goals and objectives, and establish clear next steps and owners while resolving blocks that impede progress
- Proactively assess risk, raise flags, and resolve issues before they become problems for the larger teams
- Support the management team with effective team communication, proactive problem solving, information distribution
- Define and measure impact of programs and initiatives both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Source and manage operational budgets, vendor relationships and contracts
- Experience working with product teams or programs from roadmapping through delivery
- Experience working directly with product designers, UX researchers, and content strategists
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a digital producer, project manager or program manager with experience establishing programs, supporting design teams, and developing relationships
- Track record of operating independently and without oversight
- Experience leading product or business strategy in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing vendors and contractors
- Experience using data to identify problems and communicate solutions
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.