There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Global Engine Hardware group with in GM is seeking a group of skilled Design Release Engineers (DRE) on a variety of different components. As a DRE, you will be responsible for leading product development and integration activities. Responsibilities include utilizing engineering tools and processes to successfully develop components and systems for vehicle programs.Effectively achieve program milestones by thorough and rigorous program management. You will coach and lead suppliers to timely execution of program deliverables with perfection. As a fully-qualified individual contributor who has thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the function, you will provide expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems.
*this opening is listed for a group of roles within the Engine Hardware team.
Additional Job DescriptionBasic Qualifications:
- Leads overall communication, coordination, and consultation with engineering departments and customers for responsible components
- Establishes designs to meet program performance and timing requirements
- Analyzes design through design failure modes effects analysis (DFMEA)
- Plans and implements complex test and/or development programs
- Ensures design is compliant with Bill-of-Design, Bill-of-Material and Bill of Process
- Releases final designs for manufacturing or purchase as appropriate
- Conducts incident analysis and ensures problem resolution
- Initiates and evaluates cost studies, product suggestions and value analyses
- Defines hardware and budget requirements for experimental build programs
- Ensures designs meet serviceability requirements
- Actively participates in product management team
- Leads product development team(s)
- Supports supplier quality assurance process, warranty issue resolution
- Supports technical specialists in establishing component/system requirements
- Travels as required
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Metallurgical Engineering and 5 years related experience minimum
- Experience in automotive system hardware engineering (development and/or release)
- Experience working with suppliers
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience in problem solving
- MS in Mechanical, or other Engineering Discipline
- Knowledge of GM warranty system
- Knowledge of design development and test engineering, manufacturing and assembly operations, engineering processes and procedures
- Experience working with vehicle integration issues
- Understanding of finite element analysis or dynamics analysis
- DRE experience in other subsystem or component areas
- Engine calibration and or controls experience
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.