ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people-a fact that's reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond.
DESIGN SYSTEMS LEAD
ZS seeks a Design Systems Lead to join our Software Development team in our Evanston, IL office. The Software Development (SD) team at ZS is a diverse, collaborative and smart group with offices in India and the United States. The UX team within this group conducts user-centered strategy, research and design in support of ZS' software products and productized assets. As part of this team you will work on our design systems with a focus in visual design and other team-wide efforts that help us maintain a best-in-class design practice. The ideal candidate is a strong visual designer with an interest in design systems and experience as a strong individual contributor within cross-functional teams.
- Work with designers, engineers, and product managers on our enterprise design system, specifically the visual look and feel
- Contribute to process standards that support the team at scale
- Partner closely with product teams and create the visual look and feel for specific areas of our products
- Create screen mockups and visual documentation, guidelines, icons, information graphics and other design artifacts as needed
- Communicate new, ambitious design concepts to leadership and partners
- Care deeply about the details while remaining flexible and collaborative in implementation
- Participate in design critique by sharing and receiving constructive feedback
- Contribute to a design thinking culture within and beyond the Software Development team at ZS
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a visual design field, such as graphic design, interaction design, illustration, industrial design or comparable design discipline
- 5-7 years of experience in the field of design, with a focus on designing and delivering business or enterprise applications that are complex, high-volume, and high profile
- A strong portfolio featuring visual and interaction design skills for desktop and mobile, including how the designs lead to positive business outcomes
- A strong understanding of design principles including grid systems, composition, typography, and color
- Ability to proactively identify and address issues independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate design decisions and best practices in a clear, compelling way
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to listen to, and build rapport with, other UX designers, researchers, and project teams
- Experience designing for design systems
- Experience with life science and healthcare
Candidates should have the ability to travel to client locations (15%) to work with teams and provide in-person expertise. Candidates must possess permanent work authorization for their intended country of employment. An online application and a portfolio is required to be considered.
ZS is a global consulting firm; fluency in English is required, additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and retirement savings benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.Connect with ZS on social media:
- Like ZS Careers on Facebook
- Follow ZS Careers on Twitter and Instagram
- Follow ZS on LinkedIn for more job opportunities
- Subscribe to the ZS YouTube channel
- Explore the Life at ZS blog
ZS has been recognized globally for its expertise in consulting and its flexible work environment. View ZS's accolades
This job has expired.