JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Our mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. To accomplish this, JDRF has invested more than $2.5 billion in research funding since our inception. We are an organization built on a grassroots model of people connecting in their local communities, collaborating regionally for efficiency and broader fundraising impact, and uniting on a national stage to pool resources, passion, and energy. We collaborate with academic institutions, policymakers, and corporate and industry partners to develop and deliver a pipeline of innovative therapies to people living with T1D. Our staff and volunteers in chapters across the United States and our five international affiliates are dedicated to advocacy, community engagement, and our vision of a world without T1D. For more information, please visit www.jdrf.org or follow us on Twitter @JDRF.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease. JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is an opportunity to join a strong Chapter team and work closely with the development team, local leadership, regional teams, and an outstanding group of volunteers to increase the reach and impact of the Chapter. This position is based out of the Pacific Northwest Chapter office in Seattle with the option for some remote work weekly.
The Development Assistant helps to organize, coordinate, implement, and expand a variety of the Chapter's development activities that build and strengthen links to potential and existing volunteers and donors and that grow the Chapter's revenue through corporate, individual, volunteer, and other community involvement. This position also supports chapter fundraising events, as well as marketing and communications efforts, including social media, website, and email marketing as needed.
• Supports and maintains the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of JDRF. Understands the strategic direction and purpose of the organization and supports the Chapter's fundraising strategies and business needs.
• Provide general administrative support to Executive Director and other chapter staff as needed
• Assists in the functioning of the Chapter's daily operations, projects, and tasks.
• Oversees diverse administrative duties for the Chapter including providing administrative support for fundraising activities, which includes managing fundraising events and donor prospects, supporting solicitations, tracking and acknowledging donations, and preparing information needed for meetings.
• Ensures timely and accurate daily usage of CRM to document activities with donors and volunteers.
• Assists with volunteer recruitment, assignment, and management as needed.
• Provides support for event social media, websites and marketing email system as needed.
• Assists Chapter leadership in preparation of board meetings and board correspondence.
• Certifies accurate recording of information in database, file system, and/or records. Creates, updates, and revises as needed.
• Manage chapter Outlook calendar and inbox and maintain supply inventory for office and chapter events.
• Ensures personal accountability for meeting deadlines and responding to volunteers and other department requests.
• Keeps steady communication between team members and committee leaders.
• Maintains a good understanding of JDRF's mission and research cure therapeutics.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 2 years of work experience (administrative or relevant business/volunteer) preferred
• Fundraising and event experience preferred
• Must be a self-starter while also being collaborative and an amazing team player
• Proficiency Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and office equipment
• Familiarity with databases (Salesforce, Convio and Greater Giving) preferred.
• Knowledge of administrative procedures, such as coordination of people and resources,
planning, and resource allocation, as well as ability to develop presentations, reports, and business correspondence, manage files and records, and coordinate other office procedures.
• Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers and demonstrate an 'all hands-on deck' demeanor.
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Active listening, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure. Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
• College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to travel within Chapter footprint. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
• Must have a valid WA state driver's license.
Target Salary - $40K - $45K
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and infrequently up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To protect the health and safety of our staff, employees, regardless of position, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and have a COVID-19 booster shot (excluding states where prohibited). Requests for medical, religious, and other exemptions will be considered on an individual basis. JDRF will comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago
St. Louis, Missouri
Posted about 5 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our