$500 sign on bonus
Why Saint Joseph Health System?
Saint Joseph Health System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital health system located in North Central Indiana.
Our system includes:
• 254-bed acute-care hospital at the Mishawaka Medical Center
• 58-bed acute-care hospital at the Plymouth Medical Center
• More than 85 providers in the Saint Joseph Physician Network
What we offer:
• Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental and vision coverage
• Retirement savings account with employer match
• Generous paid time off programs
• Employee referral incentive program
• Tuition/professional development reimbursement
• Nursing Scholarship opportunities
Responsible for providing services to ensure that patient, visitor and staff nutritional requirements are met. Responsible for replenishing nourishments/floor stock; preparing cold and hot food items, working tray line/room service line, dish-room, patient tray delivery, operating cash register, managing money, serving cafeteria guests, catering service, cleaning and taking temperatures as required.
1. Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core values and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Prepares hot and cold food according to recipes and time requirements for patients and cafeteria, consistently following recipes, including measurement and ingredients. Ensures that food meets established guidelines for temperature, quality, appearance, and modification of texture.
4. Follows HACCP guidelines and meets standards set by ISBH and JCAHO.
5. Serves and stocks cafeteria/cafe utilizing correct and consistent portion control.
6. Assists patients with meal, accurately inputting patient meal orders in accordance with dietary restrictions.
7. Tracks/tallies meal production, floor stock, snacks and tube feedings.
8. Handles money using proper cash procedures. Operates cash register appropriately including cash and charge transactions. Stocks cafeteria/cafe paper and food items.
9. Responsible for retrieving dirty dish carts from patient floors. Washes dirty dishes, pans, trays and utensils operating automatic dish machine safely. Keeps breakage to a minimum, cleans area and removes garbage in department and organizes clean dishes into appropriate racks and area.
10. Responsible for delivering patient trays in a courteous, accurate and expeditious manner.
11. Prepares catered food in a timely manner per recipes and portion control. Delivers food and sets-up functions according to requisition. Cleans up after events and tracks event costs and charges as appropriate.
12. Receives the computerized diet order, interprets and translates the order into a viable menu and nourishment order (where needed) for the following day.
13. Coordinates the referral of patient nutrition information to Clinical Dietitians for nutritional consultations, patient tube feeding orders, transfers and discharges, nutrition assistants for calorie intake consultations and patient menu needs, nourishment check regarding the up-to-date tube feeding and nourishment orders and food service production regarding patient menu needs.
14. Communicates effectively with nursing staff, patients/family members as well as department staff in the interpretation and delivery of the ordered diet.
15. Weekly and daily cleaning completed as scheduled.
16. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Ability to read and write and follow multiple-step processes normally acquired during elementary school. High school graduate preferred.
Experience: Knowledge and experience in food service desired. On the job training provided.
Other Job Requirements:
Attitude: Maintain consistently high customer responsiveness in day-to-day encounters and use practical problem solving to enhance service.
Appearance: Maintains a professional appearance by following dress code policies and wearing identification badge correctly at all times.
Safety Awareness: Demonstrates knowledge of all SJRMC, Inc. codes and is aware of MSDS manuals and all department and hospital policies and procedures.
Sense of Ownership: Take pride in this organization, live the values as set forth by the organization, accept the responsibilities of your job and adhere to policies and procedures.
Team Building: Promotes and establishes effective relationships within the department, with other departments, physicians, and with hospital guests and clients.
Communication: Maintains open communication with all staff and customers in a prompt and courteous manner.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!