The Director, Accounting Risk Analytics will help drive business decisions through the lens of financial data by empowering accounting and finance leaders to integrate data into daily decisions as well as strategic planning. In this role, you will partner with leaders across the CAO organization and the business to enact and influence accounting and finance strategy. This role will serve as an active partner with functional leaders to perform research and analyses on a broad spectrum of accounting and finance issues. As Director, Accounting Risk Analytics within the Accounting Policy and Risk Analytics group, you will be responsible for surfacing data-driven opportunities for the CAO organization. You will provide tactical, operational, economic, and financial analysis to frame and drive decisions - and develop KPIs/KRIs and scorecards to track initiative progress and performance. Working across the entire business, you will be exposed to a wide range of functions - from engineering and data science to finance and accounting. The successful individual will be able to work with minimal instruction and oversight, conduct multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, maintain relationships with leaders, and own deliverables end-to-end. Critical to the success of this role is the individual's ability to think intentionally, develop insightful analysis, communicate findings concisely to leadership, work effectively as part of a cross functional team, and analyze big data. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership, consultative, communication, analytical, storytelling skills and will thrive managing concurrent projects while working with a cross-functional team to drive outcomes. We are looking for someone who enjoys building, figuring out the best way to achieve results, and working closely with a diverse set of teams. We need someone who enjoys operating in ambiguity and uses creativity to combat challenges.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and data visualization to see beyond the numbers and help inform, influence and support our accounting and finance decisions through the illustration of key business trends and drivers
- Act as an internal consultant by understanding business needs, scoping data requests, synthesizing insights, and recommending solutions to key business partners in collaboration with other members of the CAO organization
- Manage multiple concurrent projects that require inputs from cross-functional stakeholders while balancing impact on business needs
- Deliver analytical, survey or research results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Leverage tools, such as SQL, Tableau, Python and Excel to drive analytics and enable client self-service on routine queries
- Develop the next generation strategy for risk detection and continuous monitoring related to accounting and financial risk for our cross-functional partners
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering teams on initiatives such as sourcing relevant data sources and developing data collection processes and data management systems
- Provide thought leadership on risk management to various stakeholders within the company and work closely with accounting policy colleagues to develop and deploy policies that contemplate risk management
- Deliver impactful analysis that contemplates the impact of different scenarios based on robust economic, financial, and statistical analysis
- Drive the establishment and monitoring of key risk indicators and key performance indicators (KRIs/KPIs) to ensure that management makes information risk aware decisions
- Provide advice and influence risk management strategies and educate risk owners on best practices by analyzing information gathered from on-going collaboration with functional areas to develop and implement risk solutions. Work closely with counterparts in internal audit and other second line of defense risk areas
- BA/BS with 10+ years (or MBA/MA/MS with 9+ years) of consulting or corporate work experience focused on using data to uncover insights that drive action and communicate complex topics/concepts, technology, and business value propositions to senior stakeholders with technical and non-technical backgrounds with a simple, clear story. Experience in fields such as analytics, management consulting, accounting, finance, or related areas
- Knowledge of statistical analysis (e.g., descriptive statistics and knowledge of statistical significance), quantitative research, and experience gathering and interpreting data, data pipeline creation, quality improvement and analysis to provide teams with actionable insights, informing strategy, impact and investments
- Knowledge of data visualization principles and experience with data visualization tools and Excel (complex formulas, pivots, macros, etc.)
- Project management experience involving multiple stakeholders working across various levels of an organization to develop and maintain relationships to create or improve, implement, and maintain new processes, and analytical frameworks
- Track record of successfully supporting business users with reporting & analytics, decision support, and presentation support in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience reconciling information for multiple stakeholders while building relationships with the business
- BA/BS with 15+ years (or MBA/MA/MS with 12+ years) of consulting or corporate work experience focused on using data to uncover insights that drive action and communicate complex topics/concepts, technology, and business value propositions to senior stakeholders with technical and non-technical backgrounds with a simple, clear story. Experience in fields such as analytics, management consulting, accounting, finance, or related areas
- Experience building dashboards using advanced Tableau or similar functionality
- Comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced, demanding environment, under pressure
- Experience in SQL
- Experience turning ambiguous information and unstructured challenges into insights, plans and recommendations in a constantly evolving environment
- Experience mining data, improve and develop new data sources and translate data into actionable recommendations and compelling stories
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with attention to detail and a well-organized, structured approach to work
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.