American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Director, AMH Purchasing develops, leads and executes purchasing and vendor strategies. This role will be responsible for bidding, negotiating and contracting for all direct construction subcontracts. In addition, this role is also responsible for procuring adequate vendors and subcontractors to complete the Company's stated construction goals.
- Develops, communicates and executes procurement strategies; analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present/future material availability and competitive pricing; prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices; reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance; develops and executes negotiation plans(pricing, delivery, timing and contractual language) for key purchases; supervises preparation of bid packages, including scopes of work, payment and price schedules, insurance requirements, other exhibits, plans and cover letters.
- Negotiates and contracts with subcontractors and other vendors; bids out onsite construction; negotiates subcontractor increases as appropriate; serves as escalation point for resolution of any vendor related issues; ensures timely and expedient processing, receipt of vendor and national contract rebates; monitors compliance with established contracts and agreements; researches and pre-qualifies trade partners who can provide cost effective construction, service, and quality.
- Oversees activities of the department; manages, trains, and coaches the team while guiding individuals to reach their potential and providing constructive feedback for employee development; prospects, interviews, and strategically hires new and replacement employees.
- Analyzes bids for completeness and accuracy; prepares bid comparison and review with management team; assist in selection of preferred bidder based on competitiveness and ability to fulfill contract requirements; monitors trade partner performance and assist in efforts to ensure trade partner complies with contract requirements.
- Conducts pre-construction meetings to go over scope of work and creates a timeline and a budget for projects; assists in monthly budget reviews; assists in the validation of material takeoffs.
- Researches new products and processes from a cost and value basis; reviews all plans and specifications from a cost perspective identifying areas, which warrant detailed review; negotiates and executes on every opportunity to reduce costs; prepares and maintains comparative feature analysis identifying alternative features and their cost differential.
- Assist accounting department in researching and resolving budget and payment issues; updates and maintains existing contracts as required.
- In accordance with applicable policies/procedures and Federal/State laws, may perform the following supervisory responsibilities: Interviewing, hiring orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; enforcing all safety rules and ensuring safe work procedures.
Work where you feel right at home -
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Building Science, Construction Management or a related field required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related purchasing or procurement experience required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of budget management experience required:
- Experience must include analyzing direct costs to maintain or improve budgets.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience managing direct reports required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of residential construction and the components required to construct single family and multi-family homes required.
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Two (2) or more years of homebuilding industry experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, planning, budgeting, analysis and organizing skills.
- Strong leadership, employee development, relationship management, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to lift/carry:
- 20 pounds to waist height.
- 20 pounds to shoulder height.
- 20 pounds above the head.
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
For employees in Colorado only, the anticipated range is $96K to $132K. Actual starting base salary will depend on geographical location, skills, and relevant experience.Related Keywords:
Purchasing Director, engineering, building science, construction management, purchasing, procurement, budget management, analytics, leadership, residential construction, homebuilding
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacy
This job has expired.