HSAG is nationally recognized as an industry leader in the areas of healthcare data analysis, measure development, and survey research. We are in search of talented individuals who are interested in a leadership position healthcare analytics and data science as a Director, DSAA Analytics in HSAG’s Data Science & Advanced Analytics (DSAA) division. Together we can spread positive change to make healthcare better.
The Director, DSAA Analytics position benefits from HSAG’s desire to grow its staff into future leaders of healthcare quality improvement in the nation. The Director provides leadership and technical direction within the Data Science & Advanced Analytics division across the entire array of healthcare data science projects. The Director, DSAA Analytics position will serve as the technical lead and supervise multiple teams of analytic staff within the Data Science & Advanced Analytics division.
- A comfortable work-life balance, including half-day Fridays and flexible work schedules.
- Three weeks of paid time off and 13 company-paid holidays where staff leave two hours early prior to each holiday to get a “jump start” on holiday festivities.
HSAG offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) and an employee stock ownership plan. DESCRIPTION
The Director, DSAA Analytics
position is a key leader responsible for providing analytic oversight on HSAG’s broad spectrum of healthcare data projects. This position will design and implement appropriate data science methodologies requiring a broad range of technical sophistication and rigor. The Director, DSAA Analytics will also propose novel data science methods from other industries that could be incorporated into HSAG’s healthcare analytic activities and will actively take the lead in assisting with new business development. This position will also lead multiple teams of analytic staff on a variety of projects, including supervising senior level analytic and management staff. The Director will also oversee the development and implementation of research methods that provide healthcare decision and policy makers with actionable results that can be leveraged to transform healthcare delivery.
The Director, DSAA Analytics will lead work that involves (but not limited to) a wide array of different healthcare data types:
- case review
- medical and prescription drug claims and encounters
- electronic health record
- vital statistics
Additionally, this position oversees multiple large-scale and high-profile healthcare analytic projects through the entire project life cycle. Activities include managing multiple teams in developing work plans and timelines; leading and overseeing project tasks; leading client teleconferences and meetings; presenting on healthcare topics; supervising and/or mentoring junior staff; and providing regular progress reports to the Chief Data Officer. The Director will also work with the Chief Data Officer to develop and lead training series for junior and senior analytic staff.
Details regarding potential project assignments and key sources of data will be discussed with potential candidates during the interview process.ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Serve as a senior leader within HSAG’s Data Science & Advanced Analytics division and serve as a department lead within DSAA.
- Act in a liaison capacity between HSAG and outside agencies and organizations.
- Oversee communication with project partners, subcontractors, and other entities.
- Assign and oversee analytic activities across multiple teams.
- Lead multiple large-sized analytic tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Exhibit a high level of expertise in primary types of healthcare data and methods for approaching data assessments.
- Contribute to the analysis of a wide array of data types.
- Define appropriate research questions and develop corresponding analytic plans with specific focus on incorporating the latest data science techniques.
- Apply multiple analytic and data science techniques, including machine learning and deep learning.
- Lead and interpret analyses, develop appropriate statistical models, manipulate complex databases, and track and evaluate patterns of care and outcomes.
- Lead team and division-wide training meetings.
- Present and communicate project results to nonanalytic staff members and customers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for clients.
- Lead request for proposal activities as directed by the Chief Data Officer.
- Represent HSAG in a professional manner at all times.
- Doctorate degree in public health, related social science, business, economics, math, statistics, or another quantitative discipline (or equivalent experience) or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of work experience.
- At least ten (10) years of healthcare experience.
- At least ten (10) years of statistics and/or quantitative analysis experience.
- At least eight (8) years of experience supervising analytic staff.
- At least five (5) years in a senior analytic role.
- Experience leading data science and analytic activities on multiple large contracts.
- Experience procuring new data science and analytic work.
- Expert in the use of SAS for data management, statistical analysis, and production output. This includes high level expertise in the use of SAS macros and SAS automation features.
- Expert in using multiple machine learning algorithms.
- Highly proficient in the use of R.
- Highly proficient in the use of Python.
- Highly proficient in the use of SQL.
- High-level expertise in evaluating medical and prescription drug claims and encounters; eligibility and enrollment; demographic; survey; vital statistics; and electronic health record (EHR) data.
- Experience leading formal written deliverables for multiple clients, including serving as the lead writer/major contributor on multiple formal deliverables.
- Experience serving as the lead on a proposal.
- Experience developing budgets for analytic projects.
- Experience mentoring multiple analytic staff.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a team of at least fifteen (15) people, including responsibility for monitoring and evaluating performance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and work with multiple teams.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.DISCLAIMER
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developments).
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212. If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.
This job has expired.