Facebook seeks a highly motivated and experienced attorney in the NORAM region. The successful candidate will manage attorneys in the United States and oversee multiple programs within the Cybersecurity Law and Investigations team's responsibilities.The position requires travel within and outside the United States, and work during evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary to support urgent matters and to collaborate with our employees throughout the world.
- Provide legal counseling to Facebook's security and integrity teams during investigations, incident response, information sharing and threat mitigation
- Ensure investigations comply with laws, regulations and Facebook's policies
- Work with business and engineering teams to design and implement innovative privacy and security solutions, particularly those related to investigations and threat mitigation
- Support ThreatExchange and other threat sharing efforts
- Work with integrity teams, including elections integrity, to protect Facebook's platform and users from abuse by malicious actors
- Counsel physical security teams
- J.D. with membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 12+ years' legal experience
- 6+ years' cybersecurity experience including investigations
- People management experience
- Extensive communication and presentation skills
- Experience as a prosecutor investigating and prosecuting cybercrime and national security matters
- Experience working with data protection authorities, financial institutions, and Internet industry associations
- Experience working with law enforcement and national security authorities domestically and internationally
- Experience working on policy issues related to cybersecurity, investigations, and privacy
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.