Insmed is a global biopharmaceutical company on a mission to transform the lives of patients living with serious and rare diseases. Our most valuable resource is our employees, and everything we do is motivated by a patients-first mentality. We are dedicated to growing our team with talented individuals from around the world who are willing to challenge the status quo, solve problems, and work collaboratively with a sense of urgency and compassion.
Guided by our core values of collaboration, accountability, passion, respect, and integrity, we aim to foster an inclusive, diverse, and flexible work environment, where our employees are recognized for leaning in and rolling up their sleeves. If you share our vision and want to work with the most dedicated people in the biopharma industry, come to Insmed to accelerate your career.
Named Science's Top Employer in 2021 and 2022
Insmed is dedicated to creating a collaborative environment where our team can thrive. Every day, our employees turn their passion for science and research into innovative solutions for patients. That's why we were named the No. 1 company to work for in the biopharma industry in Science's Top Employers Survey for two years in a row.
A Certified Great Place to Work
We believe our company is truly special, and our employees agree. In July 2022, we became Great Place to Work-certified in the U.S. for the second year in a row. In 2022, we were also listed as the No. 2 company on the Best Workplaces in Biopharma TM List, Small and Medium, and one of the Best Workplaces in New York TM , which recognizes companies headquartered in NY, NJ, and CT.
The Director of Biostatistics will collaborate closely with the Medical Affairs organization to support the evident generation and publication strategy for a product line. This role provides expertise and oversight for secondary evidence generation tactics ensuring quality and soundness of statistical methodologies. The incumbent will become the key knowledge expert in all analyses conducted for a product from end-to-end. This role also may present statistical topics to senior management or external partners as needed.
Additional representative responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Conducts advanced scientific and statistical work for multiple clinical trials, observational studies, or real-world data (RWD) investigations
- Collaborates with Medical Affairs, Clinical Biostatistics, and Statistical Programming to ensure timely delivery of high-quality analysis results.
- Statistical support of non-registrational data generation, secondary publications, and scientific congress support. Co-authors external publications and posters.
- Contributes to external interactions with investigators, medical experts, payers, review boards, etc.
- Provides strategic input into evidence generation tactics as part of the Integrated Evidence Team
- Prepares statistical analysis plans and provides input into programming specifications.
- Develops breadth of knowledge across a given development program.
- Builds searchable information system for cataloging all analyses for a development program including registrational analyses, health authority queries, ad hoc analyses, and those supporting publication/posters
- Ability to work with data from multiple sources such as phase 2-4 clinical trials, observational/retrospective/ real world studies, registries, EMR, etc.
- Undertakes new and complex issues with minimal guidance
- Completes assigned work in a resourceful, self-sufficient manner and creates alternative approaches to achieve desired results if needed.
- MS or PhD in Statistics or Biostatistics required.
- 12 years of experience in a biotech, pharmaceutical, or CRO setting, minimum 10 years for those with a PhD.
- Strong knowledge of statistical methodologies applicable to Clinical Research.
- Strong knowledge of clinical research and medical terminology for study design and results interpretation.
- Experience with statistical methods utilized for RWD (e.g., propensity score matching) and eagerness to continuously learn and expand statistical expertise
- Familiarity with new developments in observational, pragmatic, and RWE methodologies
- Good programming skills in SAS and working knowledge of software such as R, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to produce publication quality graphs
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail, clarity, accuracy, and conciseness.
- Able to identify and investigate causality independently and formulate potential solutions. Good understanding of causal inference in non-randomized settings.
- Able to operate independently and make technical/scientific decisions.
May require Domestic and/or international travel (some overnight), 5% of work time maximum. Salary Range
Insmed takes into consideration a combination of candidate's education, training, and experience as well as the position's scope and complexity, the discretion and latitude required in the role, and external market and internal value when determining a salary level for potential new employees.
The base salary range for this job is from $175,000.00 to $241,667.00 Compensation & Benefits
We're committed to investing in every team member's total well-being, now and in the future. We offer a competitive total-rewards package to all employees around the world, including:
ADDITIONAL U.S. BENEFITS:
- Flexible approach to where and how we work
- Competitive compensation package including bonus.
- Stock options and RSU awards
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Professional Judgment Vacation Policy
- 11 paid holidays per year and Winter Break (typically between Christmas and New Year's Day).
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-provided short- and long-term disability plans
- Company-provided life insurance
- Unique offerings of pet, legal, and supplemental life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- Accident and Hospital Indemnity plans
- Supplemental AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mental Health on-line digital resource
- On-site, no-cost fitness center at our U.S. headquarters
- Paid time off to volunteer
Insmed Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Unsolicited resumes from agencies should not be forwarded to Insmed. Insmed will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes through this source. Insmed will only pay a fee to agencies if a formal agreement between Insmed and the agency has been established. The Human Resources department is responsible for all recruitment activities; please contact us directly to be considered for a formal agreement.
Please note that we review every submission, and we will keep all submissions on file for six months.
This job has expired.