Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
In collaboration with the Jazz clinical teams the primary role is to lead and execute early/late stage clinical trials for oncology products in the hematology/stem cell transplantation space in development. Participates in the design/planning of clinical studies and helps with the interpretation of study results. Establishes and approves scientific methods for design and implementation of clinical protocols, data collection systems and final reports. May recruit clinical investigators for research studies. Responsibilities also include adverse event monitoring/safety signal assessments and clinical trial safety responsibilities. Coordinates and develops reporting information for reports submitted to the FDA. Participates in investigator training, site training, advisory board preparation, protocol generation, clinical study report generation, etc. Monitors adherence to protocols and oversees study completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support the establishment of clinical trial strategies for oncology products in development.
* Design, prepare and initiate study protocols and other required documentation in compliance with project plans, federal regulations, GCP and good medical practice.
* Act as medical monitor for company sponsored trials.
* Support project teams with therapeutic area specific information.
* Collaborate with internal safety group in analyzing and reporting of safety data from clinical trials.
* Analyze and interpret other clinical trial data and prepare reports for regulatory agencies and publication.
* Interact with key opinion leaders and investigators in relevant disease specific area.
* Ensure consistency of scientific and development strategies for oncology products in development.
* Maintain the highest level of scientific and clinical /clinical trial outcomes knowledge in relevant disease specific area.
* May supervise employees, both directly and indirectly through a dotted line structure; responsibility working with Clinical Research Organizations and other internal support groups.
* MD with board certification or eligibility in Oncology or Hematology/Oncology, or related specialty.
* Five to seven years of drug development experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, or a combination of academia and industry. Note: Individuals with extensive academic experience including clinical trial work but without experience in the pharmaceutical industry may be considered.
* Hands-on experience in the design, execution, and reporting of early stage and controlled clinical trials in oncology.
* Participated in clinical oncology studies with molecular targeted or immunological therapies.
* Understanding of basic science relevant to clinical oncology (biochemistry, immunology, molecular biology and/or genetics).
* Proven ability to effectively work in a cross-functional/matrix environment
* Uses broad expertise or unique knowledge and skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
* Develops technical and/or business solutions to complex problems.
* Identifies and implements methods, techniques, procedures and evaluation criteria to achieve results.
* Leads or manages the work of others by providing guidance to subordinates based on organizational goals and company policy, with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
* Ability to develop and maintain relationships with significant key opinion leaders.
* Strong interpersonal, influencing, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
* Works on abstract problems across functional areas of the business
* Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation of criteria for obtaining results.
* May ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
* Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups. Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Posted 27 minutes ago
Posted 26 minutes ago
Posted 23 minutes ago