What's the role?
We're all about enabling developers to operate autonomously and efficiently through advanced DevOps practices, solutions and services. Our expertise, industry and security best practices are incorporated within our solutions and services to create what we call the Golden Route (much like Netflix's Paved Road). This enables teams to build, launch and operate services without having to individually address common concerns and compliance requirements.
- Develops a deep understanding of HERE's Engineering practices and objectives, takes a thought leadership role in evolving and optimizing practices and tools/services to maximize developer efficiency.
- Understands and applies industry leading methods, provides thought leadership in the advancement of DevOps tools.
- Partners with engineering teams across Development, SREs, Release Management, Service/Support and Testing functions to evolve and standardize tooling, solutions and environments to simplify and reduce the developer effort required to code, build, test, release deploy, operate and monitor services.
- Maintains roadmap and provides clarity on planned deliverables, meets committed timelines and scope.
- Ensures high quality documentation and support to developer community.
- Collaborates with Security to integrate and expand DevSecOps capabilities within DevOps tools.
- Takes a customer-centric approach, ensures that DevOps tools measurably impact to developer efficiency.
- Accountable for driving optimal value and cost levels, benchmarked against industry metrics.
- Use a data-driven approach to measure and benchmark DevOps tools capabilities and impact with a goal to provide competitive advantage to HERE.
- Leads DevOps tools teams and Product Owners to deliver value and achieve internal SLAs for portfolio of tools/services as applicable.
- Effectively manages priorities and team capacity according to business needs and strategy.
- Creates an environment for high performing teams, develops talent and anticipates future skills to meet business needs.
- Drives continuous improvement, change activities and lean delivery approach, right sources solutions to focus on higher value-add work.
Who are you?
- 15+ years of experience in a software engineering and operations role, ideally with 5/7+ years in DevOps tooling, automation, agile processes, and requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of DevOps concepts, techniques, and technologies with r eal-world experience of designing and developing DevOps tools in CI/CD environment.
- Data driven approach to inspect and adjust direction.
- Skilled in use of Agile development methods.
- Experience managing others by influence and working effectively with cross functional teams.
- Excellent people leadership and networking skills with ability to d evelop, coach and mentor teams, foster creativity, collaboration and a continuous learning and growth mindset.
- BA/BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
HERE Technologies is a location data and technology platform company. We empower our customers to achieve better outcomes - from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people's lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us. Watch Video