If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of UHealth IT has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Director, Information Technology. The Director, Information Technology oversees all aspects of computer technical support services and help desk operations and coordinates activities for University-wide IT projects. The incumbent in this position directs internal teams in the execution of initiatives as they relate to computers, application support and services, and strategic IT initiatives. This position exercises considerable judgment by making decisions in unprecedented situations.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities, as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Supervises the performance management of all assigned staff including making decisions as they pertain to hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, and termination.
- Manages daily operations and directs staff to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Assumes responsibility for campus-wide initiatives involving computer support services.
- Develops, promotes, and maintains standards as they relate to technical support services and devices, including manufacturing and architectural standards.
- Designs improved work systems by revising work standards, policies, and procedures.
- Directs and manages project plan development, risk assessment, communications, budget tracking, status reporting, vendor management, and successful project completion.
- Manages projects with support staff by giving them a clear understanding of the departmental mission.
- Monitors project prioritization, active projects, and the development of dashboard and reporting mechanisms.
- Assumes responsibility for enterprise-wide IT projects and ensures an efficient and timely conclusion.
- Contributes to strategic plan and assists in providing short- and long-term solutions to help meet campus-wide strategic and tactical planning initiatives.
- Communicates with administration and staff regarding the efficient and timely delivery of services.
- Performs follow-up investigations on inquiries, complaints, and problems.
- Assists in the determination of critical milestones.
- Seeks ways to improve operations and oversees the preparation of productivity reports.
- Establishes departmental goals and objectives, identifies areas of improvement, and implements action plans to meet these.
- Attends professional meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars to keep abreast of technological market advancements.
- Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures. Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred; however, will accept experience in lieu of education, as noted. With degree, minimum 7 years of relevant experience required. Without degree, minimum 13 years of relevant experience required.
- Epic Certificate for Resolute Hospital Billing including Single Billing, required
- Epic Certificate for Resolute Hospital Remittance, preferred
- Epic Certificate for Resolute Hospital Claims, preferred
- Epic Resolute Hospital Billing Expected Reimbursement Contracts, preferred
- Epic Certificate for Resolute Professional Billing including Single Billing, required
- Epic Certificate for Resolute Professional Remittance, preferred
- Epic Certificate for Resolute Professional Claims, preferred
- Epic Certificate for Charge Router, preferred
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
- Ability to establish department goals, and objectives that support the strategic plan.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: