We have an opening in our Accounting and Finance department for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis. We are passionate about the environment while delivering life sustaining, high quality water service to families and communities. We embrace progress, provide training & development to inspire success in every aspect of our business and culture. In addition, we provide a competitive benefits package and 401(K).
This is a hybrid work opportunity, meaning that employees are eligible to work remotely for part of the work week, dependent on job function and business needs.
* Lead the budgeting, forecasting, long-term planning, implementation, and business strategic analysis of the financial team.
* Conduct financial analysis, modeling, forecasting and reporting efforts to ensure efficient
* Develop insightful suggestion for investment, sourcing, and cost reduction.
* Lead strategic business decisions.
* Create functional strategies and specific objectives for departmental sub-functions.
* Develop budgets, policies, and procedures.
* Lead the preparation of the monthly and quarterly business performance reviews for the
operating business units as well as the consolidated group
* Assist the external reporting team in the preparation of the actual to actual quarterly and
annual analysis in the management and discussion analysis sections of the 10-Qs and 10-Ks
* Lead the preparation of the balance sheet variance analysis and analytics SOX controls
* Lead the preparation of the financial analysis included in the press release and CFO report to the Board of Directors
* Lead the execution of the annual budgeting process
* Lead deployment and upgrade of technology tools to support effective and efficient budgeting and forecasting processes
* Work closely with state presidents, department heads and operations to provide them with data- driven insights
* Support Accounting & Finance leadership with additional projects as needed
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting Listens objectively to various viewpoints, quickly synthesizes new data, and responds appropriately to various stakeholders across multiple communication channels Prepares and delivers compelling, concise, persuasive presentations Assertively leverages and expands relationships with stakeholders in the Accounting 7 Finance department and other departments and groups
* MBA and/or CPA preferred
* Minimum 10 years of experience in public accounting, publicly traded company or a mix of both with a focus on financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, etc.
* 3 to 5 years managerial experience.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to question status-quo.
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in financial planning and
management for regulated utilities, preferably water utilities
* Demonstrate a deep knowledge of previous management of the financial planning & analysis function including departmental sub-functions.
* Ideal candidates will demonstrate a history of building and creating a strong financial
planning & analysis culture in previous work experience.
* Previous experience in the implementation or upgrade of a financial planning software
* Mindset for continuous improvement.
* Communication Skills:
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
Listens objectively to various viewpoints, quickly synthesizes new data, and responds appropriately to various stakeholders across multiple communication channels
Prepares and delivers compelling, concise, persuasive presentations
Assertively leverages and expands relationships with stakeholders in the Accounting 7 Finance department and other departments and groups
Grade 12 - Salary
$ 136100.00 - 245000.00
Primary Work Location
93 West Main Street, Clinton, CT, 06413
Work Environment and Physical Demands Code
I - Indoor
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our