Director of Operations - Exmark
Who Are We?
Exmark, located in Beatrice, Nebraska is a division of The Toro Company. Exmark is the leading manufacturer of commercial mowers and equipment for the landscape professional. Exmark mowers are trusted 2-to-1 over the next best-selling brand of zero-turn mowers by landscape professionals. All Exmark products are designed to help customers increase productivity, while delivering unmatched quality.
The Director of Operations leads the overall Exmark plant operations partnering with Human Resources, Finance, LEAN, Quality, Safety, and Quality functions working at the location and reporting up through applicable centers of excellence. Ensures the achievement of production objectives at the lowest cost consistent with quality standards and delivery requirements. Implements initiatives in alignment with strategic plan and provides a clear sense of direction and focus.
As a member of the Director of Northern Operations' team, helps develop and implement longer range, strategic plans for the operations team. Develops and maintains a facility "long range" plan to include strategies, goals, action plans, and measurements.
What Will You Do?
In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible for:
What Do You Need?
- Enforce safety and work rules. Maintain housekeeping standards through 5S deployment. Directs the development and measurement of energy conservation programs, safety programs, fire protection, security and hygiene programs to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations, as well as The Toro Company's EHS system.
- Accountable for the plant P&L, develop and recommend plant capital and operating budgets.
- Drive LEAN transformation and continuous improvement initiatives. Develop systems and processes that track and optimize performance in S (Safety), Q (Quality), D (Delivery), C (Cost), and C (Cash) to ensure effective return on assets.
- Lead overall headcount and staffing levels to ensure achievement of production goals within budget guidelines. Directs, approves and administers operating budgets, capital plans, manufacturing processes, manpower plans, cost improvement plans and labor standards to ensure lowest cost consistent with quality standards within operating budgets.
- Develop and implements quality plans to ensure quality consistent with Toro standards.
- Lead decisions regarding work processes, operational plans, and work schedules
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with Toro's policies, and employee relations policies and applicable laws. Maintains and promotes a positive direct labor and management relationship. Administers employee relations policies and procedures using the advice and counsel of the corporate Human Resources department whenever applicable.
- Responsible performance management including LINC, PIE, salary planning, development plans and talent reviews.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions.
- Maintain good and consistent communications with all employees to keep them well abreast of facility, division and company plans and objectives as well as performance to same.
- Maintain a strong and effective community relations program.
- Full job description will be provided to final candidate at point of offer.
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
What Can We Give You?
- BS degree or Masters in Engineering or Business Administration. A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in various functional areas of manufacturing; experience as a Plant Director/Manager/Operations Director/Manager in both union and non-union environments is desirable.
- Deep experience and knowledge of Lean Enterprise deployment and transformation.
- Good understanding of materials requirements planning, and general systems required.
- Build-to-stock and build-to-order durable goods manufacturing knowledge/experience required; broad-based process experience in assembly, fabrication, machining, welding and painting preferred.
- Knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
- Knowledgeable of safety, quality, delivery, cost (productivity), cash (inventory) and stewardship processes.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Strong team building, followership, decision-making and people management skills.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work closely and productively with subordinates, peers and leadership.
At Exmark, we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits - Exmark offers employees at our Beatrice, NE location a variety of perks, including:Dress for your day
- We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, office-plant blended environment.Location
- We just opened our newly remodeled division headquarters in December 2019.Wellness
- In addition to physical wellbeing, TTC offers a variety of mental health, financial health, and other types of resources to every full-time employee.Volunteerism
- The Toro Company is proud to provide employees 20 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.Growth Opportunities -
TTC prides itself on giving our employees the chance to grow their careers. Tuition reimbursement, opportunities to move into new areas of interest, and promotion opportunities are a few examples.Flexible Work Arrangements
- This role requires the individual to be onsite with some exceptions; dependent upon the role/position. #LI-OnsiteCompetitive Salary
- pay range takes into account skills, experience, education, and location. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.c
This job has expired.