Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Relocation Available - Yes
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years' experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 2 years' experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Loss Prevention Operations
• Assists in the development and implementation of emergency procedures.
• Conducts investigation of all losses of property assets and refers to proper management for disposition.
• Deploys Loss Prevention staff to effectively monitor and protect property assets.
• Comply with all Corporate Loss Prevention safety and security management guidelines and procedures.
• Conduct periodic patrols of entire property and parking areas.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Identifies and makes recommendations for minimizing physical hazards and unsafe work practices.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Maintains required reports and documentation regarding patrols of property and parking areas.
• Provides means for obtaining necessary medical attention on a timely basis.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Develops and maintains a working relationship with local law enforcement authorities.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers, and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Leading Loss Prevention Teams
• Attends all staff/departmental meetings to gather critical information to communicate to Loss Prevention officers.
• Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring associate understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an \"open door\" policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
• Meet quality standards and customer expectationson a daily basis.
• Incorporates guest safety and satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Participates in interviewing and hiring of team members with the appropriate skills.
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new associates and provide follow-uptrainingas necessary.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Conducts a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures associates understand Company, Resort and Departmental expectations and parameters.
• Ensures associates arecross-trainedto support successful daily operations.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same with them.
• Schedules associates to business demands and tracks associate time and attendance.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to policy.
• Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals.
• Ensures associate recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an \"open door\" policy, and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
• Participates in associate progressive discipline procedures.
• Reviews associate satisfaction results.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture
Los Angeles, California
Posted about 16 hours ago
Las Vegas, Nevada
Posted about 16 hours ago
Posted about 16 hours ago