There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
District Managers are based throughout the nation with hybrid training for General Motor's regional locations in the following cities:
WEST LAKE VILLAGE, CA
District Managers act as a consultant to the dealerships by working together with them on the development and implementation of their business plans. They work closely with the dealers to ensure that our customers have the best customer experience from the time of purchase through the life cycle of their vehicle. District Mangers are involved in a variety of activities including implementation and development of marketing initiatives, customer retention, product displays, financial analysis, and training. Selected candidates for the District Manager Development Program will be placed into General Motors' internationally recognized and award-winning training program for 4.5 months with exposure to key positions within the organization. District Manager program participants will prepare for a District Manager (DM) assignment upon completion of training.
The training structure will provide candidates with knowledge of GM's retail sales strategy, dealer network, vehicle order and purchase process, business management and other areas. The DM Development Program training will be facilitated in a hybrid setting with a mixture of virtual learning and field training. The program will also help the participant develop a strong personal network of business professionals within General Motors and the automotive industry. Long term career mobility is a requirement for District Managers with General Motors Corporation.DM Development Program participants:
- Balance competing priorities while maintaining effectiveness in a dynamic, often chaotic environment
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills that involves understanding the audience; getting the message across; presenting information effectively; and communicating openly
- Use excellent time management skills - the ability to effectively and efficiently use your time to focus on the most impactful activities and challenge those that distract from the identified goal
- Build and foster strong relationships as well as influence business partners
- Be skilled in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel and have computer skills to develop, maintain, and analyze data
- Bachelor's degree and ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis is required
- Be 100% mobile now and in the future and able to relocate anywhere within the United States
- Position may involve extensive overnight travel*
- Ability to attend up to three week-long trainings in Detroit, MI area*
- Ability to complete training in a Regional location (may require temporary housing)*
- Ability to travel between GM dealerships 80-85% of the time and be home based with temporary placement in a dealership (placement depends on availability. Attempt will be made for close to home locations whenever possible)*
- Ability to deliver training and presentations to dealerships as needed
- Ability to relocate anywhere in the United States immediately following completion of the DM Development program*
- Dealership/automotive experience
- Sales or Account Management experience
*Note: Due to COVID-19, travel and training(s) may be adjusted with business needs. Travel, any temporary housing, and/or relocation required will be paid for by General Motors.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.