Job ID: 259321
Standard Materials Group, Inc. is a CRH company producing and providing Ready Mix and Materials transportation serving Arkansas and Oklahoma. Standard Materials Group, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for providing the professional and technical expertise necessary to support driving safety programs and initiatives. They will systematically improve driver training, monitor driver qualifications and help reduce vehicle incident rates.
- Communicates in a clear and consistent manner with high integrity
- Direct drivers and company resources in a manner that maximizes utilization of both
- Analyzes and monitors the work quality, safety quality, attendance/punctuality, and behavior of drivers; disciplines when necessary
- Assist in incident/accident reports as required
- Resolve transportation issues with urgency and professionalism
- Organize and maintain all paperwork, data files and reports
- Other duties assigned by Transportation Manager and/or senior management
- Ensure that all DOT regulations are being followed. Must be familiar with the Federal Safety Measurement System. Responsible for compliance and knowledge with the U.S. Department of Transportation regulations and other safety standards. Ensure that equipment maintenance and inspections are performed in a timely fashion.
- Monitors and ensures that employees are performing their functions safely and productively. Makes recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries.
- Reviews all company driver paperwork, including trip records, DOT logs, GPS and vehicle
- Performs ride along with drivers and documents the findings
- Responsible for summarizing and entering payroll
- communication and management of contract drivers/owner operators
- Leads weekly safety meetings with company and lease drivers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, especially in training environments/sessions
- Developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Priority emphasis and strong time management skills
- Must be able to climb, stoop, bend, squat, lifting, stretching, pushing, pulling, vibration, twisting, kneeling, standing, walking, sitting, and reaching.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/ or MSHA.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- CDL Class A or B Required
- College Degree in a complementary program or safety/driving industry experience in a role similar to this position is preferred
- Previous supervisor experience a plus
- Leadership training a plus
- A valid State driver's license
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Standard Materials Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 2, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Fayetteville Job Segment:
This job has expired.