Under the general direction of the Director of Environmental Services, this position is responsible for providing effective leadership and guidance for Environmental Services staff. Plan, assign and monitor associates work performance, ensuring day-to-day production and service standards are met within the department-cleaning matrix. Actively participates in housekeeping functions, quality assurance including auditing work completed by staff members and post construction projects and is responsible for managing the cleaning schedule assuring that routine and periodic tasks are accomplished according to set matrix. Assist with the organization and developing staffing scheduling in order to meet departmental goals and maximizes productivity of staff. Responsible for helping assist in: training of personnel, scheduling, payroll functions, ordering of supplies, team talks and disciplinary actions. Act as a Liaison between staff and the Environmental Director for patient safety/quality concerns. Assist in the departmental decisions with implementing the philosophy, objectives, and standard of cleanliness, policies and procedures of the Environmental Services Department.
1. Adheres to the principles of caring and expected behaviors outlined in Mercy Medical Center's Model of Caring and Trinity Health's Code of Conduct, fostering a climate where all customers are treated in a manner consistent with Mercy Medical Center's Mission and Values.
2. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health's Organizational Integrity Program, Standards of Conduct, Joint Commission Standards (TJC) standards, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
3. Maintains broad, current knowledge of departmental policies and procedures. Assists with revision of existing and development of new policies and procedures to ensure departmental effectiveness.
4. Supervise and monitors all cleaning functions within the department, including but not limited to, the hospital. Provides leadership and supervision for the department resulting in effective teamwork, colleague engagement. Serves as a role model for Environmental Services staff and as a resource for other staff on procedural matters.
5. Plans, organizes, directs and assesses the work of employees to maintain the highest possible sanitary standards and good public relations. Promotes the safety, health and positive morale of visitors and employees and the patient's recovery by providing a clean, attractive, safe environment.
6. Assign duties and functions in a thorough and efficient manner using resources of time, supplies, equipment and instruction to continually improve the quality of work performed.
7. Responsible for QI and assurance of cleanliness in all areas of responsibility. Responsible for routine unit inspections after discharge cleaning and daily room inspections to assure that hospital standards are met. Corrects deficiencies in a timely fashion. Routinely performs rounds of all areas to note opportunities for improvement and equipment/facility needs.
8. Train staff in performance improvement and take action on appropriated suggestions for improvements; be an active and positive role model for implementing department and procedural change.
9. Participates and assist with personnel activities including interviewing, orientation, training, scheduling, payroll functions, team talks, coaching/development of staff and disciplinary actions.
10. Monitors associates work performance in order to achieve efficient and effective department operations.
11. Monitor meeting room set ups.
12. Manage and participate in the supervision of, equipment cleaning and maintenance, housekeeping, laundry, collecting of PHI, Hazardous waste, garbage collection and disposal and facility management to assure high standards are met for sanitation, safety and customer satisfaction.
13. Responsible for generating and maintaining production records and reports for unit operations and to meet departmental goals.
14. Participates and actively promotes positive teamwork within the Environmental Services department. Directly and tactfully address inappropriate behavior of staff as well.
15. Will demonstrate the Organization values and Behavior Standards as a role model for all associates with a primary focus on patient satisfaction.
16. Maintain and prepare records and reports required for unit operations and to meet department goals.
17. Attend and actively participate in all meetings and follow up with changes made within the department. Leads department huddles.
18. Ensures that all equipment is safe, clean and in proper working condition. Requests or complete repairs and maintenance of building or equipment as necessary. Submits repair orders as needed.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
20. Maintain and organize inventory of all supplies and equipment. Orders supplies as needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. High School diploma required.
2. A minimum of two-years experience as a charge person/lead in housekeeping.
3. A minimum of one-year computer operating system experience.
4. Ability to read and write and follow multiple step processes.
5. Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training is required within 6 months of hire and every 5 years thereafter.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!