Facility: SAGO PALM RE-ENTRY CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position supervises the activities and staff associated with providing substance abuse counseling within a facility. In addition, this position ensures that all services meet all contractual obligations. Conducts or assists in conducting individual and/or group counseling sessions and programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the clinical supervision of staff and the clinical oversight and clinical care of all substance abuse services provided on site.
- Presents individual counseling/group lectures and didactic presentations weekly based on the areas of Relapse Prevention, Anger Management, Parenting skills, Life Skills, Criminal & Addictive Behaviors, and Co-occurring disorders.
- Facilitates psycho-educational/behavior modification groups using principles of the “What Works” system. Documents participants’ attendance, participation and progress in Company database.
- Assists in developing, organizing, and conducting programs to provide education for conditions and problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse.
- Recruits subordinate staff to include interviewing, hiring, assigning work, training, coaching, and counseling to ensure consistent application of employee guidelines, processes, and procedures. Conducts performance review and holds employees accountable for performance of their positions.
- Maintains records of absences and vacation schedules for represented staff. Monitors and modifies electronic payroll attendance records for union employees. Observes and oversees adherence to all policies and procedures. Monitors violations and administers disciplinary action.
- Provides support for substance abuse program activities including providing activity reports, reviewing the files of subordinates to ensure the accurate and timely documentation, and creating an environment which supports that mission of the program.
- Develops and updates clinical policies and procedures, treatment manuals and training curriculum, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the agency and institution staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.