Location: Arlington, VA
4S-Silversword is seeking a self-motivated data analyst with strong database query skills to develop data quality routines and design data marts. The candidate must be able to quickly perform discovery on new data sources to determine data types, field constraints, and recommend routines for data quality improvement. The position offers partial telework. The project has a period of performance of 4.5 years and may require annual travel to Honolulu, Hawaii as well as Omaha, Nebraska.
(other duties may be assigned) Must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Analyze data sets and work with clients to determine business objectives.
- Rapidly analyze and profile raw source data sets.
- Profile field level data types and values and make logical recommendations for value consolidation or extrapolation.
- Advise clients on Data Governance policies and processes to improve enterprise data quality.
- Develop complex SQL queries to perform Joins, While/For Loops for record level processing, cleansing, and categorization.
- Query against Documentum content server and associated metadata libraries.
- Design data mart schemas and associated transformations optimized for Business Intelligence reporting tools using SSIS/SSRS.
- Develop and maintain a Data Dictionary as it relates to business requirements.
- Perform basic MS SQL 2016 database administration tasks such as troubleshooting, backups, and logging configuration.
- Other duties as assigned
Must have a minimum of 2-5 years of experience writing SQL queries and supporting data analytics.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Intellectual curiosity in Military History strongly desired
- Develop SQL Queries to profile and cleanse data
- Develop database schemas and data transformations
- Familiarity querying from document management systems and document metadata
- Experience with MS SQL SSIS and SSRS
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2016 hosted on AWS desired
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Works well in a team environment
- An active Secret security clearance is preferred.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required. Possible lifting up to 25 lbs.
Please note: 4S-Silversword Software and Services LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs. 4S-Silversword Software and Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.