Job ID: 224260
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is the leading supplier to the glazing, architectural, railing, construction, industrial, and automotive industries. Offering more than 60,000 products, we serve the industry from locations throughout North America, Europe, and Australia.
Position requires that material including aluminum and steel extrusions be placed on shelves, picked off shelves and packed in an effort to expedite the product throughout the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
On/off-loading of the product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours daily. The "team concept" instituted for plant facility production workers requires each worker to perform different functions on a rotating basis. Therefore, all shop functions required by supervisors are considered essential functions for the job.
Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
To be considered a material handler as a regular part of his/her job duties the following conditions must be met:
- Perform work as assigned by supervisor.
- Read, understand and communicate paperwork and labels.
- Attach appropriate labels to material while correctly counting and identifying materials.
- Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively use a tape measure.
- Notify lead person or manager of any mechanical or material issues.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- All material handlers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production.
Tape measure, utility knife, chop saw and other various tools. Safety
- Hazards - Exposure to Pinch Points, Strain/Sprain, Laceration/Puncture, Contusion, Slipping, Burns, Shock, Loss of Limbs, Elevated temperatures during summer months.
- Controls - Personal Protective Equipment, Safety Training, Written Procedures
- Safety Equipment - Safety Glasses, Cut Resistant Gloves, Cut resistant sleeves.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Work performed inside a production environment.
- Noise levels in the environment can be moderate to high.
- The plant facility is subject to the same climate conditions as the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.)
- Chemicals, dust, pollen and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the production floor and may create some odors in the plant. The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy work environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls and PPE.
- While some chemicals may pose health risks if not used properly employees are trained in the proper safety equipment and procedures for handling chemicals
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
C.R. Laurence Co., a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Dallas Nearest Secondary Market:
Fort Worth Job Segment:
Engineer, Warehouse, Facilities, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.