Job ID: 208920
Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and services.
Tack Truck Driver
Do you have a CDL? Do you have experience safely operating a Tack Truck on and off public roads? Do you want to be home nights? Pennsy Supply might have just the "seat" for you. Apply today for a position as a Tack Truck Operator.
Job Description Summary
- Adhere to and follow all safety rules and regulations of MSHA/OSHA/DOT and Pennsy Supply, Inc.
- Conduct daily safety assignments (area inspections, pre-shifts, JSA's, TRAK, etc.).
- Snap on screw on spray bars to attain required width of spray.
- Turn valve to regulate flow of material at specified rate.
- Move levers to adjust heights of spray bar from road surfaces.
- Signals paving machine operator to start paving machine.
- Observe distribution of material over road surfaces to ensure uniform distribution.
- Turn hand wheels to set angle and depth of screed.
- Verify depth specifications of compacted asphalt using depth gauge.
- Monitor flow gauges, tachometer and temperature gauges.
- Oil and lubricate equiment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid CDL, Class B license with tanker endorsement, a clean MVR, and must pass a DOT physical.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Knowledge of DOT and CDL regulations.
- Able to work various times during day, night or weekend hours, at various locations.
About Pennsy Supply
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 Years of previous experience preferred.
Pennsy Supply operated in Pennsylvania as a family run business producing asphalt and aggregates as well as providing construction services until joining the CRH family in 1993. With being a part of the CRH family they are now a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the Unites States. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. EOE / M / F / Vet /Disability What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pennsy Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 13, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Scranton Nearest Secondary Market:
Wilkes Barre Job Segment: