Why Saint Joseph Health System?
Saint Joseph Health System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital health system located in North Central Indiana.
Our system includes:
• 254-bed acute-care hospital at the Mishawaka Medical Center
• 58-bed acute-care hospital at the Plymouth Medical Center
• More than 85 providers in the Saint Joseph Physician Network
• Community health centers and additional points of access
• St Paul's with 316 suites for independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing care, rehabilitation and wellness and memory care
• Holy Cross with 168 suites for rehabilitation and wellness and skilled nursing care
• Trinity Tower with 84 affordable senior apartments
• VNA Home Care
At Saint Joseph Health System, our values give us strength. That character guides every decision we make - even when those decisions are complicated, costly or hard. We honor our mission to care for every man, woman and child who needs us by investing in technology, people and capabilities that allow us to set the standard for quality care.
What we offer:
• Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental and vision coverage
• Retirement savings account with employer match
• Generous paid time off programs
• Employee referral incentive program
• Tuition/professional development reimbursement
• Nursing Scholarship opportunities
About the job:
Responsible for performing inpatient, outpatient and emergency echocardiogram. Operates ultrasound diagnostic equipment to produce pictures and measurements of heart structure according to established policies and procedures. Completes all patient charting and billing and prepares charts for physician review.
What you will do:
1. Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Completes patient charts prior to procedure and pulls previous Echocardiograms, stress echos, transesophael procedures will be pulled for review by interpreting physician.
4. Explains diagnostic procedures and answers patient questions prior to testing. Document patient history and medications and any pertinent information on patient chart.
5. Measures and records different dimensions of the heart structures according to established procedures.
6. Assists physician during transesophael and stress echo procedures.
7. Maintains daily log and billing of all procedures.
8. Documents patient information as needed in progress notes.
9. Maintains professional and ethical relationships with all patients and their families to provide quality care.
10. Completes departmental unit-specific criteria and validates departmental competency records.
11. Maintains infection control standards.
12. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
What we are looking for:
Education: Completion of two/three years of occupationally specific education beyond high school in radiologic technology, sonography, other related education, or on the job training/education.
Licensure: ARRT, ARDMS, RDCS, RCVT, RVT or equivalent certification, or Registry eligible. Registry eligible candidates must obtain registry status within 2 years of hire. CPR certification.
Experience: Completion of at least two years of occupationally specific education beyond high school in radiologic technology, sonography, other related education, or on the job training.
Other Job Requirements:
Requires the knowledge to learn and understand ultrasound physics.
The ability to recognize and demonstrate pertinent anatomy and pathology is vital.
Requires the ability to consistently perform at a high level of mental effort while performing tasks accurately and without error.
Analytical skills are required to perform ultrasound tasks accurately as well as handling multiple tasks at the same time. Requires independent judgment with the ability to perform any examination without
Work requires direct patient care to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Posted about 1 hour ago
Melrose Park, Illinois
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!