The Pricing Analyst will be a part of the Merchandise Operations team, functioning as a collaborative partner with Merchandising and Marketing to develop strategies that will deliver on financial results and ensure competitive advantage.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with complex data sets to develop complex pricing models that help determine competitive, every day, promotional, and seasonal pricing based on multiple sources of data. This position will report to the Director of Pricing and Merchandising Analytics.
- Assess data from a variety of internal and external sources, deriving insight into pricing strategies and market trends
- Establish efficient data reports and processes to meet the needs of business partners; create new reports as needed
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative methods to analyze competitor pricing, assess market share and margins, and track customer engagement
- Usage of statistical modeling methods to articulate impact of various pricing strategies, including their effect on margins, revenue, and retail costs
- Analyze data related to return on investment for existing marketing and promotional programs, analyze customer response to marketing efforts
- Utilize sustainable tools and reports that allow for decision making, impact modeling and in-store execution including but not limited to predictive capabilities, geography, competitive zone impact, and customer impact
Required Education & Experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex data analysis in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Advanced Excel skills with understanding of Logical and Text formulas, Lookup reference functions, Pivot Tabels, and Macros and VBA
- SQL data analysis skills
- Alteryx experience preferred
This job has expired.
- 1-3 years of experience in analytics, preferable retail & pricing analytics
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Previous experience in Grocery/Retail or Consumer Product Goods strongly preferred