Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Global Payments is the parent company for TSYS, Netspend, Heartland, TouchNet, OpenEdge, Xenial, Greater Giving, ACTIVE Network, and AdvancedMD. Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.
As Associate Director - Data Engineering, you will be responsible for continuing to build and managing a high-performing Data Engineering team, Associate Director of Data Engineering is responsible for the implementation of the data management strategy and execution of database engineering solutions for the organization, should have a very strong technical background, who has a passion for managing engineering teams and helping team members continue to grow in their careers. this person will be responsible for execution of data engineering, data lake and analytics projects and ensures close coordination with software development, product management team. TSYS works with a diverse set of customers, and therefore this person in the role should be comfortable balancing many priorities and resourcing teams based on the most important tasks, while also focusing on performance and scalability. Expertise with high-performance systems or service design is a plus. The ability to translate high-level technical requirements into executable project plans is essential.
- Manage and lead database engineering resources encompassing multiple functions (Database Application Development, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence reporting, operational data management, database administration) in an Agile environment and work cross-functionally in the design and implementation of database solutions that are aligned with company strategies to achieve business goals.
- Establish data governance practices for managing various types of data, including personable identifiable information (PII).
- Establish a unified database engineering methodology across database engineering functions.
- Develop strong working relationships with functions across the organization to identify and vet database engineering priorities based on key business requirements and incorporate them into database engineering plans.
- Promote professional development of database engineering staff and play an active role in the talent acquisition process for staffing teams.
- Promote a culture of teamwork and collaboration within the database engineering function and across the organization in support of the mission and vision of the organization.
- May own and define the quality assurance and testing strategy. Leads the teams that perform automated and manual testing and the relationships with vendors providing this service. Develops Quality Assurance and Testing Tools and technologies. Acts as the escalation point for testing issues.
- May act as the senior technical subject matter expert for applications and development, providing direction to business and technical teams and acting as the escalation point on technical issues. Creates solutions for highly complex and sensitive problems and provides direction for other teams. Evaluates industry and technical trends and developments and provides guidance that influences application development and testing. Identifies IT and payments industry developments and best practice. Provides technical due diligence on potential acquisitions and partnerships. Champion and foster technical innovations across technical teams. Acts as a corporate resource.
- Leads the development of strategy, risk management, productivity and quality management within areas of responsibility. Directs and develops change management policy and practice. Monitors, evaluates effectiveness of programs and development and takes action. Drives continual process improvements that positively impact cost, revenue, performance efficiency, process development and solution delivery.
- May provide vision, direction and leadership to teams providing first line client support (ensuring that service desk SLAs and other client obligations are met. May set the strategy for operational support across multiple application platforms, act as the senior escalation point on incident and problem management.) May manage client implementations, change and release management, the tuning and optimization of the platform to enable client growth and confidence, or other special teams..
- Improve engineering practices to increase velocity, productivity, and developer happiness
- Develop goals, roadmaps and delivery dates to help scale quickly and sustainably
- Assist the recruiting team with continued growth of the engineering team
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- 5-10 years of experience leading database engineering teams within the context of data warehouse design and implementation, data management activities, and database administration.
- 10+ years of experience with detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools.
- 5+ years of work experience managing very large data warehousing environment
- 3+ years of Python development experience
- 2+ years' experience in Big Data stack environments (EMR, Hadoop, Glue, Hive)
- Experience and knowledge with various Business Intelligence reporting tools (e.g., Tableau).
- Previous experience as a Database Engineer (came up through the ranks). Competencies:
- Working knowledge of building out data marts, data warehouses, data lakes.
- Demonstrated abilities to lead and positively influence teams, develop talent, and lead by example.
- Proven track record of recruiting, hiring, and retaining technical talent including in-depth experience managing third party staffing and business to business solutions providers.
- Comfortable leading and being a part of a fast growing and changing organization.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical abilities.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving technical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, teamwork skills, interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
TSYS Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: related field of study from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Typically a minimum of 8 years
- Related professional experience including a minimum of 3-4 years experience in a supervisory position.
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.
This job has expired.