Benjamin Moore & Company is seeking an EHS&S Manager to coordinate and oversee Environmental, Health, Safety & Security (EHS&S) programs at our manufacturing plant located in Johnstown, New York.
The EHS&S Manager will provide program management, technical oversight, and expertise to assist site leadership with the development, implementation, and oversight of EHS and security programs. The position is responsible to manage, implement and administer standardized EHS&S processes to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as well as corporate policies and practices. This position will specifically focus on improving and safeguarding the health and safety of all employees and ensuring compliance.
The EHS&S Manager will report to the Director, Corporate EHSS Operations with the following responsibilities not limited to:
- Support regulatory compliance, interpretation of regulatory applicability, and interaction with local, state, and federal regulators including negotiation/discussion of remedial activities as local subject matter.
- Oversight and management of environmental programs (Hazardous Waste, Sand ARA 311/312/313, Storm Water Management, and Air Permitting)
- Lead EHS&S programs, processes, and projects to improve EHS key performance metrics.
- Responsible for certain elements of the site’s Process Safety Management (PSM) OSHA 1910.119 program including EPAs RMP requirements and Benjamin Moore &Co. standards related to Process Safety.
- Assist in the PSM management of change (MOC) process as well as changes to new and existing equipment at the concept stage to ensure that EHS design specifications and regulations are included.
- Oversee/implement local EHS training programs and training assessments to ensure required training is conducted. Conduct applicable training courses on-site as required.
- Assist in the development and support of site safety committees and advise on safety and health issues.
- Work with leadership on investigation and root cause analysis (RCA) of loss events such as injuries, spills, and near miss events and assist with the development and tracking of corrective action plans.
- Coordinate/participate in internal/external EHSS audits or inspections of EHSS & PSM processes and perform necessary follow up to ensure compliance
- Manage routine EHS&S reports/documentation including data acquisition, record keeping, monitoring, review, and approval.
- Interact with local, state, and federal regulators as the subject matter expert. Coordinates communication of regulatory inspection activity with plant/corporate leadership.
- Oversee the site’s compliance task calendar in coordination with corporate leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering, Science or related field
- Minimum of 7-10 years of safety, environmental, engineering, or related experience in manufacturing, distribution, and or R&D center environment
- Strong process safety management skills with a minimum of 5 years' experience working in PSM regulated facility.
- Demonstrates ethics and integrity when dealing with peers, management, customers, and regulators
- Successful experience leading projects and teams or committees
- Strong understanding of federal, state, and local regulations and requirements
- Highly collaborative spirit with a strong team and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work outside of normal or routine work hours – if needed or as required
- Ability to travel 1-3 times per year
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite and/or other software
- Safety-related professional certifications e.g. CSP, CIH, or PE preferred
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore.
At Benjamin Moore & Co, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive because it benefits our employees, our products, and our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Benjamin Moore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program
Benjamin Moore provides Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program to support eligible active employees who graduated from an accredited post-secondary educational institution. The Repayment Program is intended to contribute to reducing employee student loans. The Company follows all rules and regulations concerning the taxability of student loan repayments provided under applicable law.
Click to see how you can paint your future!
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success, and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity, and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies, and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.