The Electrical Engineering Projects Team Lead is responsible for the support, development, and technical assurance for electrical equipment design to ensure safe, reliable, and cost-effective execution and operation for Capital Projects. This role provides vision, leadership, and direction for Electrical Engineers and Inspectors to support the site in meeting its safety, environmental, production, reliability, productivity, people, and quality goals and objectives.
Experience and Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- Lead and mentor the Electrical Engineering Capital Project Support team
- Assign Electrical Engineering resources as requested by Capital Project Team needs
- Perform as a Business Development Manager for Electrical Engineering focused projects
- Support the front end business development team in scoping projects
- Develop strategy to support long term PAMC infrastructure planning and future growth
- Coordinate with the Strategy and Business Development team on scoping infrastructure needs for coded/confidential projects
- Lead teams focused on complex electrical reliability issues
- Attend/witness factory acceptance testing and field testing
- Provide Technical Assurance for Complex MOCs
- Provide electrical equipment technical assurance support to Project Engineering and other technical groups
- Represent the Electrical Engineering department in matters pertaining to Capital Projects
- Participate in the Incident Command Duty role as scheduled
- Coordinate with Central Technology Manager of Power Systems to continually improve Motiva Engineering practices
- Provide input to Capital Projects Management during 3rd party vetting process
- Support the Capital Project Management team in developing the capital planning cycle
- Ensure Electrical Engineering resources are utilizing industry standards, Motiva Engineering Practices, and are in compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements in project designs
- Ensure Electrical Engineering resources perform to their potential, continuously develop and improve their skills
- Provide technical input to projects in FEL0
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience working within the Electrical Engineering discipline
- Skilled in coaching, motivating, and developing Electrical Engineering talent
- Knowledgeable in the Principles of Electrical Equipment and System Design
- Knowledgeable in Project Management practices and processes
- Skilled in communicating with all levels and areas of the business
- Knowledgeable of Engineering Standards and best practices
- Knowledgeable of Process Operations
- Professional Engineering (PE) license.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams and managing large-scale electrical engineering projects.
- Prior experience in the petrochemical or refinery industry.
- Proficiency in utilizing advanced electrical engineering software and tools for design and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of industry-specific electrical codes and standards.
- Proven track record of successful electrical equipment design and implementation for major capital projects.
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (respirator, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots, and hearing protection)
We reserve the right to amend or withdraw Motiva jobs at any time, including prior to the closing date. Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or grade.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Motiva Enterprises LLC without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (for example, TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.
This job has expired.