Founded in 1999, MHS is a full-service provider of innovative material handling systems that solve the challenges of distribution and fulfillment operations. We build, engineer and maintain systems for some of the biggest companies in the world, including UPS, FedEx, Walmart, Amazon and others. MHS is already one of the 10 largest material handling system suppliers worldwide, and we only expect to continue growing. We're looking for top talent to be part of the journey.
This position is for an Electrical Engineering Supervisor in the MHS Small Projects Group (SPG). The position allocates time to both Supervisor and Engineering tasks; supervising entry-level Controls Engineers while also contributing in a partial capacity to the Electrical Engineering efforts of our active projects.
The Electrical Engineering Supervisor is part of a cross-discipline project team, responsible for the successful and on time completion of conveyor upgrade and system integration projects. They work closely (as an Electrical Engineer) with project managers, mechanical engineers, installation teams, permit specialists, and various support roles while also supervising Engineers within our team.
The Electrical Engineering Supervisor is responsible for the development and supervision of entry-level Controls Engineers. This includes mentoring Engineers throughout their project tasks and career development while working with other parties on resource allocation to fulfill project schedules. The Supervisor and Engineering roles will be split 50/50 on average. The allocation of the role associated with Electrical Engineering is responsible for the successful execution of electrical controls tasks on active projects. These include [in some capacity, non-exhaustively] engineering schedule, concept design, equipment and material selection, creating material requisitions, creation of installation drawings, field support, project documentation, program development, commissioning, and overall adherence to customer and governing agency specifications. The Electrical Engineer workloads will, in most cases, be in conjunction with a team of designers and engineering peers to support collaboratively in these efforts.
- Supervise the entry-level Controls Engineers on our team; allocating them to projects within the team's capacity and mentoring them into improving Engineers.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of customer's design standards and specifications.
- Develop and/or oversee the development of project designs, BOMs, and drawings per project scope.
- Develop and/or oversee the development of PLC, HMI/GDU, and SCADA programs per project scope.
- Commission and/or oversee the commissioning of equipment and control systems.
- Provide technical interface with internal and customer's project representative(s).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- PLC and GDU/HMI/SCADA experience in academia or professionally
- Willingness to travel 30%, including working weekends and overtime.
About the Small Projects Group
- Passionate about the development of team-members and facilitating a cohesive team environment
- Knowledgeable of electrical and controls engineering theories and principles
- Material Handling Industry experience preferred
The Small Projects Group (SPG) was started in 2018 as the project-execution side of our Lifecycle Performance Services (LPS) division. The SPG focuses on system optimization, additions, retrofits, and upgrades to our customer's conveyor systems. We specialize in a wide range of equipment types such as automated sorters, singulators, gappers, extendable conveyors, and transport conveyors. Our projects range in size from small equipment swap outs to complete subsystem installs. We service a wide range of companies in the logistics and warehouse distribution/fulfillment industries.
At MHS Integrity and diversity are the foundation of our culture and reflect our values: doing what's right, respecting others, and performing with excellence. We deliver innovative, affordable solutions to the automated material handling industry and incomparable customer value by embracing our employees' unique talents, skills, and abilities. We are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic, motivated, and ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment.This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to this position. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
This job has expired.