Job ID: 293600
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
As an Oldcastle Maintenance Mechanic, you will be responsible for the preventive maintenance, repair, and installation of manufacturing equipment. Maintenance Mechanics also provide maintenance support for the various facilities and structures on company property. The successful candidate must be able to work safely in a fast-paced, covered, and uncovered manufacturing facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, troubleshoot, adjust, and repair equipment, electrical components and special purpose machines as assigned
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, fabricate, change parts and complete tasks as assigned
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists. Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
- Operate various equipment and machinery in times when assigned maintenance tasks are low
- At least three years of maintenance/electrician experience with at least two years working in a manufacturing environment
- Requires ability to read schematics. Experience with PLC's preferred
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Working knowledge of basic safety programs, particularly lock-out/tag-out procedures, as well as principles of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, welding and mechanics
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 65 lbs., extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, working inside and outside, and use of fall protection equipment
- Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Gainsville Job Segment:
Hydraulics, Maintenance Mechanic, Maintenance, Mechanic, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.