- The pay rate for this position is $17.00 per hour based on experience and geographic location.
- This position falls under the U.S. Department of Labor Service Contract Act (SCA). In addition to hourly pay, a Health and Welfare stipend of $4.80 per hour will be provided for up to 40 hours per week.
- You are also eligible to receive pay for up to 10 holidays and annual vacation time payout, as well as access to an employee discount program.
- Travel time and mileage is fully reimbursable.
Electronic Field Mapping Listers are responsible for
- Collecting confidential information
- Independently managing administrative duties, including participating in conference calls and completing online trainings
- Listing addresses electronically using a tablet in selected areas
- Traveling to selected locations within the area using a tablet and electronic map
- Accurately identifying and recording address and location information about each potential dwelling unit
- Editing completed work, and reporting the results of all activities
- Successfully completing all components of training, including online courses.
- When working in the field, must be willing to agree to any COVID-19 related protocols put in place by RTI. These could include, among others, wearing face coverings or respiratory protection, and completing a Workplace Health Pledge. All safety supplies required for use on the project will be provided by RTI
RTI International is seeking self-motivated and detail-oriented individuals to work on a government-sponsored research study, the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) as Electronic Field Mapping Listers.
The Electronic Field Mapping Listers are assigned to prepare for and conduct listing operations according to project protocols. Listers ensure that field activities are carried out in an efficient and cost-effective manner, that the information recorded is of the highest possible quality, and that all activities are conducted in a professional manner following established procedures.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years old at time of employment
- Possess effective communication skills through speech and listening, and fluency in English through reading, writing, and speaking
- Available for entire training and data collection period
- Able to successfully complete training
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable personal automobile available for business use
- Able to keep project information confidential.
- Must have a computer or laptop for completing online training and regularly checking RTI e-mail for project communications
- Able to accommodate work schedule to include weekdays and weekends during daytime hours
Preferred Qualifications for Ideal Candidates
- Positive, self-motivated, curious, and enjoy interacting with people from culturally-diverse backgrounds
- Effective time, schedule, and workload management skills to meet set deadlines
- Computer skills, namely email and internet proficiency
- Access to password-protected Wi-Fi connection for data transmissions and administrative responsibilities
- Available for short travel assignments
- The data collection period is expected to be June 2023 through November 2023.
- On average, you will be needed part-time, approximately 30 hours per week when work is available.
- On average, you should be available to work in the field 4 days each week.
- The majority of this work is anticipated to be during weekdays during daytime hours.
- Each of your trips to the field are expected to be at least 6 hours long
Mandatory training will be conducted in June 2023 and will consist of approximately 6 hours of self-administered online courses and successfully completing an eHomestudy with a live 6-hour training via Zoom.
RTI International will accommodate our job application procedures for disabled veterans and other qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability that affects the use of our online application system, or if you otherwise need accommodation in connection with the recruiting process due to a disability, please CLICK HERE for information on how to contact us to request an accommodation.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach--one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at https://www.rti.org/careers.
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here.
This job has expired.