We are seeking an experienced Credentialed Veterinary Technician to join our team.
The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high quality veterinary medicine and patient care-with the expertise and technical know-how to make them happen.
You've worked hard for your credentialing and we want you to use the knowledge that you've invested your time and talent in. The skills that you will be utilizing include, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to attend a 2-3 month training program within the Anesthesia Department
- Must have strong anesthesia skills, place IVC, venipuncture, restrain
- Must provide overnight anesthesia coverage for on-call emergency surgeries and anesthetized ER procedures
- Must contribute to the overnight emergency workflow support including triaging, admitting, and transferring patients when not directly involved in anesthetic procedures.
- Must thrive in a high stress, high paced environment
- Must be able to multi-task, focus and prioritize
- Must be willing to be trained in advanced technical skills, and maintain the departments tasks lists.
- Willing to be trained and mentored by department leadership
- Willing to share ideas, thoughts and concerns with hospital leadership
- Must have strong professional communication skill
- At the end of their shift they must be able to delegate tasks to the incoming team in a respectful manner and tone
- Must be proficient and experienced in Technical and Nursing knowledge.
- Must collaborate with the Management Team and the Staff to find positive and creative solutions to ensure best hospital practices
- CCU collaboration when emergency case load is limited
- $2,500 Signing Bonus
Why You Should Consider Us:
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
• You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 4,500+ doctors, including 600+ boarded specialists.
• You will sharpen your skills-and even learn some new techniques-and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
• We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts, and more!
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits for eligible employees, including medical/dental, generous personal pet care discounts and more!
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.
This job has expired.