VCA Bay Area Veterinary Specialists & Emergency located in San Leandro, CA is looking for an Emergency Lead who enjoys practicing advanced medicine with a cohesive, tenured team.
The Emergency Lead of the Department is responsible for the management and direction of the Emergency Service toward its primary goals and objectives - to provide exceptional patient care, to achieve the highest level of client and referring veterinarian satisfaction, and to promote communication and dissemination of knowledge of emergency medicine. This position will work closely with the internal medicine, surgery, and oncology departments and emergency veterinarians, and report to and work with the Hospital Medical Director, Hospital Manager, Regional Medical Director, and Regional Operations Director.
The Emergency Lead is responsible for patient care, management and operations, Scheduling, performance reviews for associate ER DVMS, manage ER technician services department supervisor, medical record-keeping, recruitment, and forms.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Compensation is negotiable based on education, experience, and other relevant credentials. The annual salary range for this position is $64,480K - $240K. This position may also be eligible for other variable pay programs.
Health & Well-being
- Innovative associate health and well-being department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- VCA Academy's Mentorship Program - participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
This job has expired.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com