WHO WE ARE
Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG) is a rapidly growing emergency company with hospital locations across the United States. Our mission is helping people and their pets when they need it most. We are revolutionizing emergency medicine with a "customer first" mentality and a true, employee-centric work environment.
TALENT + CULTURE AT VEG
At VEG, we want people and their pets to feel safe, secure, and valued; we want our employees to feel the same way. What we're aiming to achieve on the customer side is equivalent in nature to what we want for our employees: to have the best experience possible. With the highest NPS score in our industry, we're ready to ensure that VEG remains the place where the best and brightest in the emergency world not only want to work, but stay and grow. For our customers and their pets, we strive to find a way to say, "yes." We do the same and more for our teams. In fact, VEG is one of this year's nominees for INC Magazine's Best Places to Work!
WHO WE NEED
You are passionate and motivated. You value learning and are a team player that is honest and respectful to your peers. You love what you do. You love working with animals and people. You are comfortable adapting to new scenarios, willing to learn new techniques, and think outside the box. You have excellent interpersonal capabilities across a diverse group. You're happy to pitch in wherever and whenever you are needed, with a positive attitude. You demonstrate the ability to accomplish assigned tasks for all areas involved, knowing when to ask for assistance. You display excellent communication skills with your peers, customers, and team.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO
- Treat each patient and customer with the highest level of compassion & care.
- Perform basic to intermediate nursing care tasks, patient monitoring, and treatments.
- Use understanding of common diseases and conditions, physical assessment, and monitoring parameters to accurately triage incoming patients.
- Administer subcutaneous, intramuscular, and intravenous medications and understand potential adverse effects of medications.
- Set-up, monitor, and administer intravenous fluid therapy including constant rate infusions and blood transfusion therapy.
- Contribute as a team member to incoming outpatient care and ongoing inpatient care.
- Participate in giving and receiving patient rounds to ensure continuity of care.
- Be trained to properly perform all aspects of CPR as a RECOVER Certified Rescuer.
- Collect samples and perform diagnostic tests including in-house & point-of-care tests and diagnostic imaging.
- Assist in setting-up, performing, monitoring sedation and surgical anesthesia with LVT or DVM supervision.
- Perform nursing care tasks such as placing and maintaining urinary catheters and nasal oxygen tubes, and
- Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot oxygen cages and other oxygen administration techniques.
- Work alongside veterinary nurses as a vital member of the nursing care team.
- Obtain additional training along guided growth pathways offering roles in addition to direct nursing care such as veterinary technician credentialing, trainer role, community outreach, and leadership.
Veterinary Assistants can additionally (where permitted by law):
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE US
- Administer, monitor, and maintain patients under general anesthesia with or without mechanical ventilation for patients with varied levels of risk.
- Perform advanced vascular access techniques including jugular catheter placement, sampling line placement, central line placement, intraosseous catheterization, and arterial catheterization.
- Perform advanced diagnostic techniques including ultrasonography and paracentesis,
- Participate in formulating treatment, anesthetic, and nursing care plans.
- Obtain additional training along guided growth pathways offering roles in addition to direct nursing care such as a trainer role, coordination of care, community outreach, and leadership.
Because emergency is all we do, so we do it best! We also offer:
- Industry-leading compensation
- We build our hospitals from scratch. You'll be using all of the latest equipment and technology.
- Generous employee pet discount
- Referral rewards - tell your friends why they should come work for VEG too!
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid parental leave - up to 10 weeks of paid leave at 100% of regular salary
- Unlimited Continuing Education opportunities - we want to help you grow in your career!
- Flexible work schedules for a true work-life balance
- Growth potential
- Groceries sent to the hospitals weekly for the staff to enjoy, monthly and quarterly contests, quarterly hospital outings, company-wide retreats, etc!
- Lastly, because while our work is serious, we believe that it should also be fun!
VEG celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. You've found the equal opportunity employer you are looking for. We can't wait to meet you!
This job has expired.