Job Description and Responsibilities
Ardurra has been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, surveying and environmental consulting industry. Ardurra prides itself on its reputation as an emerging leader in the engineering consulting business, and we understand that our reputation is wholly founded on the strength of the professionals that work hard every single day to serve our clients and our communities.
Ardurra is seeking a Water/Wastewater Engineer with 3 to 6 years' experience to join our staff in Huntsville, AL.
Under general supervision, perform a variety of engineering tasks involving design work, research and preparation of drawings or designs, and construction administration of municipal water and wastewater facilities. Perform assignments of limited scope which require the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related design engineering tasks. This includes limited experience in utilizing various computer software packages and automated engineering and design tools. The position will expose the successful candidates to a full range of water and wastewater facility projects. Projects may include water/wastewater treatment facility green field projects, process upgrades or rehabilitation projects, water distribution and storage systems, transmission pipelines, wastewater collection systems, pump stations, and other utility related projects.
- Gathers data for engineering analyses through phone contacts, written correspondence, and research sources.
- Performs calculations and research for designs using engineering formulas and skills in formulating possible results based on different scenario.
- Assists in preparation of engineering reports, opinions and recommendations; Maintains completed project files and proper document control.
- Conducts experiments and data collection with emphasis on data integrity, quality control and protocol compliance; utilizes data acquisition/recording equipment and instrumentation. Performs field tests & measurements, collects field data and processes data.
- Prepares statistical and narrative reports and/or graphs based on outcomes of research, analysis and interpretation of studies.
- Assists Project with project concept designs and participates in final project design.
- Designs portions of a project under supervision, including evaluating alternatives, conducting engineering studies and design calculations, and performing preliminary/detailed design.
- Assists with preparing design drawings, technical specifications, material quantity take-off and developing construction cost for projects.
- Assists with the research of funding opportunities/grants for clients and prospective clients; maintains data on funding sources and procedures for future reference.
- Provides other duties as may be assigned by the Project Managers/Task Leads to support project team.
- Requires an understanding of multi-disciplinary team coordination; builds and maintains relationships between project teams and collaborates to ensure that technical, quality, cost and client requirements are implemented; coordinates with outside sub-consultants/other disciplines; Directs the work of drafters and designers.
- Regularly seeks out guidance and feedback from senior engineering staff.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering or other closely related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited program university or college. M.S. degree preferred.
- Certified EIT required
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, theories, and practices related to water/wastewater.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge, experience, and ability to perform computer tasks with Bluebeam.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, able to work independently and with a project team to completion of a task.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our culture is a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with a demonstrated capability to meet project budget and deadline.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization skills, and work ethic.
- The initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly.
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We're not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.Recommended Skills
This job has expired.
- Attention To Detail
- Civil Engineering