Location: Boston, MA
The Sr. Associate, Infrastructure Engineering Supervisor is directly accountable for the availability of ATM, Branch and Small Back Office networks and services. The supervisor leverages subject matter expertise and management experience in the design, implementation, and support of mission-critical SDWAN networks connecting 600+ locations. The supervisor cultivates team members' operational effectiveness to continuously improve service quality and efficiency, and integrates compatibly with other IT team leaders, including the data network manager, telecom manager and NOC Supervisor. The supervisor leads, empowers, evaluates and coaches team members under their care, supports project managers delivering new systems or evolving service delivery, and responds enthusiastically to the needs of peer IT groups and internal customers.
An ideal candidate will have a proven ability to effectively supervise personnel, transform legacy operating processes, to adapt smoothly to changes in technology/industry, and to consistently identify and pursue opportunities to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
• Supports IT Infrastructure engineering to ensure all systems are designed and implemented following Santander Bank standards, industry best practices and regulatory requirements (security, resilience, scalability, efficiency)
• Develops, maintains, and executes a management plan promoting team cohesion and service responsiveness as top priorities. Exhibits superior leadership qualities, promotes skills development, rewards effective performance and disciplines productively when necessary.
• Interacts in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse audiences from subordinates through executives. Communicates clearly and consistently with senior leadership on all matters.
• Engages reliably in a matrixed organizational structure to facilitate cross discipline integration and collaboration. Serves as technical authority and escalation point for incidents and issues related to assigned area of expertise.
• Trains, mentors, and coaches subordinates as needed, and accepts the same from senior management.
• Responds immediately to incidents affecting network operation, collaborates responsibly throughout triage and resolution phases, and ensures the swiftest possible resolution of outages.
• Demonstrates collaborative commitment to technology strategy by evaluating and integrating different points of view.
• Develops and maintains a platform/industry road map, incorporating technology life cycles and evolutions. Understands and incorporates changing business needs as they impact road maps, technology standards and current network architectures.
• Facilitates dependable vendor relationships to ensure that services are delivered to the bank effectively and efficiently. Vendor management responsibilities include regular and accurate reporting of service performance metrics.
• Furnishes daily, weekly and monthly operational reports pertaining to all assigned responsibilities.
• Develops and documents proposed technical designs, infrastructure design for the integration and implementation of any new solutions, working compatibly across the IT department.
• Maintains sound operating and management controls during both steady-state support and transformational projects.
• Designs, develops and drives the adoption of risk management policies, processes, and procedures.
• Supports both internal audits and regulatory examinations, developing and evolving materials to document posture, process, governance and compliance in all respects.
• Bachelor's Degree; in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent field or equivalent work experience
• Three to five years of experience supervising network experts in an IT support capacity.
• Deep understanding of SDWAN, MPLS, DMVPN and related network disciplines and operational details.
• Technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, project management and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels (technical and business audiences) and in different situations. This includes the ability to develop clear, concise documentation.
• Proficient in more than one specific infrastructure technology domain (Networking, Systems, Storage, Middleware, Databases).
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements with a flexible and creative approach to brainstorming, troubleshooting, and problem solving. Positively perform in a dynamic environment and able to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
• Ability to deliver technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and develop recommendations for complex technical issues.
• Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products, and services.
• Competent to execute against industry best practices and industry framework (ie: FFIEC, NIST, ITIL...)
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posted about 8 hours ago