Kforce has a client that is seeking an Engineering Project Assistant in Cedar Rapids, IA.Responsibilities:
- Edits format of software/hardware documentation; Interfaces with technicians, engineers and engineering managers to edit/format documentation; Verifies change requests are in the proper state and implements into documentation; Performs data conversion using various application media for software development or project file maintenance
- Perform as primary focal point, coordinating, tracking and reporting status for inquiries and problem resolution during the pre-release, release, and revision of development/product related documentation
- Provides tools expertise and support to Engineering: MS Office Apps, requirements capture databases, change management and tracking tools; Generate reports as required
- Operates within a Scaled Agile Framework environment and performs related duties to enable the team to work efficiently
- Supports preparation of presentations. Supports development of engineering web pages.
- Collects metrics and prepares presentation materials for analysis
- Assists in tracking action items, and tasks in the change management tools
- Facilitates the Bid & Proposal process and follows up with bidding engineers in order to meet deadlines
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Serves as a liaison between engineering teams, management and the customer
- Builds productive working relationships internally and externally on occasion; Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation
- Generally works on moderately difficult assignments which are given in terms of objectives to be accomplished and priorities to be followed; Requires judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
- High School diploma/GED required plus 8 years of experience
- Cooperation - Recognizes that individual goals contribute toward accomplishing team outcomes
- Coordinating - Demonstrates the ability to circulate information through the proper channels
- Customer Service Orientation - Generally applies fundamental service techniques and adheres to proper customer procedures when interacting with customers
- Dependability - Demonstrates the ability to follow through with work assignments and support management's policies and procedures
- Detail Orientation - Is able to provide the status of work assignments at any time and can quickly produce any documentation or information that is needed
- Relationships - Displays a compassionate attitude toward the needs of others
- Time Management - Maintains a daily to-do list which helps to prioritize schedule
- Writing - Uses language that is business appropriate in written documents
- Ability to generate reports in MS Excel, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of technical and management personnel.
- Be a forward thinker and collaborate well in a team environment.
- Ability to work remotely and independently.
- Possess extensive PC tool knowledge in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Commitment to learning new tools and processes.
- Experience in Jama, DOORS, Jira, Confluence, Subversion, Ariba, SAP
- Ability to coordinate multiple engineering projects simultaneously
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.