If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Dermatology has an exciting opportunity for a part-time Entry Scientist, SOM (N) to work in Miami, FL. The Entry Scientist, SOM (N) supports assigned research activities for the department. The appointee also furthers the University's research goals and objectives and advances the University's reputation as a leader in the field.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Recruits and maintains patients in clinical research protocols.
- Provides and follows best practices in clinical and translational research performance.
- Processes and analyzes results and data.
- Communicates results to the scientific community via published papers and agency reports.
- Presents ongoing work and findings to colleagues at academic conferences, summarizing the nature of the research, methodology, and results.
- Stays abreast of the work of other scientists within the department and scientific community.
- Attends conferences and reads relevant journals.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- Ph.D., M.D. or other doctoral level degree in relevant field
- Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
- The Entry Scientist will assist in organizing and extending further the activities at the Psoriasis Biologics Clinic at Jackson Memorial Hospital.
- This role will require active participation in both clinical and research settings in this area to work towards improving Psoriasis patients' health care and quality of life.
- Contribute to the evaluation of whether the risk of mortality in patients with mild to severe psoriasis is altered by various biologic therapies.
- Collaborate on clinical and research activities to evaluate the role of the Biologics with different mechanisms of action preventing CV disease risk factors.
- Evaluate and compare the efficacy of various Biologics on the quality of life and psychological status of these patients in collaboration with a psychologist.
- Increase screening efforts that will allow for earlier detection and intervention to reduce the substantial morbidity and mortality associated with psoriasis related comorbidities.
- Present the outcomes of his/her clinical and research activities in the national conferences as well as peer review journals in the field of dermatology and Psoriasis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Part timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.