Why Saint Joseph Health System?
Saint Joseph Health System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital health system located in North Central Indiana.
Our system includes:
• 254-bed acute-care hospital at the Mishawaka Medical Center
• 58-bed acute-care hospital at the Plymouth Medical Center
• More than 85 providers in the Saint Joseph Physician Network
What we offer:
• Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental and vision coverage
• Retirement savings account with employer match
• Generous paid time off programs
• Employee referral incentive program
• Tuition/professional development reimbursement
• Nursing Scholarship opportunities
Responsible for a clean and safe environment within the facility by following routine cleaning procedures. May take direction from a nursing director or departmental supervisor may give direction on housekeeping needs of that area.
1. Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Maintains hard and soft surface floors using standard cleaning procedures.
4. Understands and applies a 7 step cleaning process. Empties trash and linen containers, high dusts, damp mops, cleans bathroom, cleans/makes bed, damp wipes all horizontal surfaces including clean over-bed table, and checks own work.
5. Restocks supplies of soap, tissues, towels, and other disposable items.
6. Cleans and polishes sinks, tubs, toilets, mirrors, stainless steel and chrome according to specifications.
7. Maintains EVS closet including general cleanliness, storage, maintains cleanliness of equipment and reports any equipment safety issues promptly.
8. Possesses a knowledge of all chemicals used in routine cleaning and is trained on how to access MSDS information and read MSDS sheets.
9. Must have a good understanding of the Universal Precautions and PPE available to the provision of a clean and safe environment.
10. Secures carts, equipment and chemicals to prevent inappropriate assess/use.
11. Maintains a high level of customer service by promptly welcoming everyone in a friendly manner, smiles warmly and introduces him/herself. Listens carefully to what others have to say, avoiding interrupting others. Treats others as if he/she is the most important person in the facility. Practices service recovery by apologizing for problems and inconveniences, corrects the problem, takes action once issue is identified and meets the customer's immediate needs or gladly takes him/her to someone who will.
12. Maintains appropriate personal appearance. All associates must be clean, well-groomed and appropriately dressed for the position they hold. Complies with specific dress standards established by the department.
13. Maintains attendance and punctuality and observes working hours, starting times, lunch period, break times, quitting time, etc.
14. Must adhere to JCAHO standards (i.e., use of wet floor signs, electrical check of equipment, do not use door stops, proper use/mixing of chemicals).
15. Understands and observes all safety rules. Reports all accidents or incidents. Corrects or reports all safety hazards seen. Knowledge of Safety Plan.
16. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Ability to read, write and follow multiple-step processes. High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Prior housekeeping experience is helpful but not required.
Other Job Requirements: Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!