Environmental Care Technician
(SUMMARY) Position Highlights:
- Competitive salary
Benefits - Medical, Dental & Vision, PTO, Free Parking, Metro Access, Tuition Reimbursement, 403(b)
Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Advancement:Career growth opportunities
Location:Holy Cross Health has two hospitals and four healthcare centers all a short driving distance from Washington DC and Baltimore, MD
- Part - Time (24 hours )
- Location: Silver Spring, MD
- Environmental Services Department
- Reports directly to respective Environmental Services Supervisor and/or Manager assigned to their specific area.
- On evenings and weekends could also receive direction from the Supervisor as assigned by the Assistant Director of Environmental Services. May also be assigned at times to receive guidance and instruction from the Nursing Department.
What you will need:
- The Environmental Care Technician performs housekeeping duties for the hospital's Environmental Services Department.
- Environmental Care Technician is guided by basic knowledge of cleaning techniques and procedures, operation and use of department equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for the timely, courteous, and competent services rendered in a safe manner for patients, visitors, and hospital staff.
- Accepts additional assignments related to support functions as is needed to provide service excellence to patients, visitors, and hospital staff.
- Education:High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Knowledge:Ability to read and comprehend instructions in writing and orally.
- Skills: Ability to read and write information in English regarding Duty list, Instructional information, and policies and procedures. Ability to use alphanumeric pager and telephone. Customer service core competencies for ability to deal directly with patients, their families, visitors, and hospital staff. Able to work independently.
- Experience: Some on-the job experience as a housekeeper in Healthcare, Hotel, or Commercial cleaning preferred.
- Equipment:Good physical condition and a general ability to work with hand and power tools
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.
We were named one of America's 100 best hospitals
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard toMinority/Females/disabled/Veteran(M/F/D/V) status.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.