Antea USA, Inc. (Antea®Group) is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, entry-level Environmental Geologist or Scientist in our Columbus, OH location.
Qualified individuals must have strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written), and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong technical support team.
This safety-sensitive position reports to a project manager and will support project teams on a variety of project assignments including Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, Phase I, Phase II or compliance report writing, site remediation activities, technical and safety oversight of subcontractors, permitting, and sample collection. Tasks could include preparing compliance reporting and working with the transaction support team, preparing work and health and safety plans; conducting soil and groundwater investigations and sampling; remediation system operation and maintenance; data entry, management, and analyses; and preparation of regulatory reports in a variety of formats.
This is a full-time position with 40% of regional travel anticipated. This may require working alone in remote locations and/or out-of-state work supporting other company offices. Typical travel includes staying over at site locations for several nights per week, a week or two per month. Employee onboarding and training may require more overnight training initially. The locations may change based on client contracts and coverage site needs.
Education and Training
Experience & Fundamental Skill Set
- BS in Environmental Sciences / Soil Science / Geology / Geography or related science major
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Entry Level 0 - 2 years of applicable environmental experience
- This position will require a 40-hour HAZWOPER OSHA certification. While current certification is desirable, it is not required to apply. HAZWOPER training will be provided upon employment if the successful candidate(s) is/are not already certified
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- Strong time management and decision-making skills
- Proven track record of strong writing skills. Writing samples may be requested.
- Ability to multi-task with multiple projects or assignments
- Interest and motivation to diversify skill set with additional training or travel
- Able to work independently at remote locations to troubleshoot issues with office or field assignments and produce results
- Familiarity with state and federal environmental regulatory framework
- Advanced mechanical skills are not mandatory, but a mechanical aptitude that is suitable for working on remediation systems including troubleshooting pumps, blowers, and motors, a plus.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Compliance with any client requirements, including but not limited to COVID-19 vaccine mandates
- Potential employees must be able to satisfactorily complete a background check, pre-employment drug screening (as permitted by law), and baseline physical (safety-sensitive roles). They must also have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
Antea®Group focuses strongly on safety in all aspects of our operations, in the field, the office, and while traveling. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate an awareness of safe operations and be willing to accommodate long or non-standard work hours on a project-by-project basis. Physical Requirements / Work Environment - Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include the following:
Additionally, if you are assigned work in the field at client project sites you will need to complete a medical surveillance/fitness-for-duty examination and maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Sedentary to light work (typical office or administrative work)
- Frequently required to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time
- Occasional lifting and carrying of low (under 25lbs) to moderate (25-49lbs) weight objects
- Repetitive motions: substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (including reaching)
- Subject to inside environmental conditions (protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change)
- Operation of a motor vehicle
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Medium to heavy work
- Subject to outside environmental conditions: heat/cold, wind, wet and/or humid, etc.
- Occasional stooping (bending body downward and forward), kneeling (bending legs at the knee), crouching (bending body downward and forward), and climbing
- Frequent lifting (including push/pull, hold/carry) of light, moderate, and possibly heavy-weight objects
- Subject to hazards, including a variety of physical conditions, including but not limited to: proximity to moving vehicles, parts, or equipment; exposure to chemicals; pressure (including noise); electrical hazards; biological hazards; excavation/trenching; confined spaces; elevated work; materials handling
- May be required to wear an air-purifying respirator
The hourly salary range for this position is $24.00-$27.00. Compensation will vary depending on the applicant's job-related knowledge and skills, education, and work experience. Antea Group offers its full-time and part-time employees excellent benefits, including health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; disability benefits; paid time off; 401(k); and a leading-edge wellness program. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Antea Group is an EEO/AA employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other protected status. NO RECRUITERS PLEASE NO VISA SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME
This job has expired.