Responsible for project work and assisting the implementation of Environmental, Health and Safety policies and programs that support business practices within the Hendrickson Somerset, KY facility
- Provide overall safety direction and assistance to for the site to assure the safety and health of Hendrickson associates
- Provide environmental, health and safety direction and assistance to assure the safety and health of Hendrickson associates through Vision Zero
- Responsibility for leading the effort to purse/maintain partnership with OSHA's Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) or Hendrickson's Global Safety Excellence Certification (GSX) Program.
- Administration of site EHS Procedures
- Facilitate incident investigation process and follow-up with completion of action items
- Develop and maintain safety dashboard to track safety participation
- Manage Industrial Hygiene issues
- Manage safety audits and follow-up
- Assess the impact of current and new processes on employees; assuring employee involvement and engagement
- Work with employee safety teams, supervisors, mangers, etc. to achieve the goal of zero injuries
- Assist in Workers Compensation case management as required
Education and Training
- Participate on the Safety Excellence Team
- Maintain key performance indicators as set by the Health and Safety Excellence Team
- Prepare safety communications for education and awareness
- Bachelor's Degree required in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Industrial Engineering.
- 3-5 years' experience with an emphasis on health and safety implementation in a manufacturing environment. Some environmental compliance experience is desired.
- Demonstrated experience in upgrading health and safety programs and process improvement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that include both one on one communication and group communication
- Ability to lead and deliver trainings in group settings from 5-50 people at a time
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to travel to company locations on an as-needed basis
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook)
- Ability to work in fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Experience leading and participating on cross functional team collaborations
- Self-Starter with good time management skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision to meet required deadlines
- Results driven
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position frequently.
- Frequent need to move about inside office or on the production floor.
- Minimally need to position self in low or tight spaces.
- Occasional movement of hands, wrists, or fingers such as typing, filing, and writing.
Work Environment: Manufacturing
Temperature: Office is Temperature Controlled with AC/Heat. Production floor is Non-Temperature controlled; humidity, heat, cold are factors during the year. Behavioral Traits
Safety Focus - Adheres to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices.
Cooperation - Accommodating the needs and interests of others by being willing to defer performance on your own objectives in order to assist colleagues with theirs
Empathy - Demonstrating an active concern for people and their needs by forming close and supportive relationships with others
Listening - Understands and learns from what others say
Self-Management: Manages own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals
Attention to Detail - Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks
Development & Continual Learning - Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
Managing Projects or Programs - Structures and directs others' work on projects or programs
Speaking - Conveys ideas and facts orally using language the audience will best understand.
Stress Tolerance - Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
Teamwork - Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
* This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management's sole discretion. Hendrickson is an at-will employer, each employee is free to resign at any time, just as Hendrickson is free to terminate employment at any time without cause or notice. Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This job has expired.